|IMPRESSION OBSESSION THOUGHTFUL BOUQUET & CAC FRENCH TEXT|
For today's card I chose a new Impression Obsession stamp. Below is how I created the card:
- Stamped Thoughtful Bouquet with Espresso Truffle on natural cardstock once and the flowers on top on white cardstock twice. Painted flower images with Twinkling H2O's ( they have shimmer. Trimmed around main image and flowers. Embossed main image and one flower image from back with stylus on mat.
- Stamped CAC French Text with Espresso Truffle on natural cardstock twice. Stamped the corner of a natural envelope with the text too.
- Embellished the flowers with the Yellow and Purple pens from my Wink of Stella set.
- Did 2 die cuts from Spellbinders new Labels 39 die set. I had to do the die cut and then trace around the edges of the die before removing it. Then I trimmed the penciled edge as shown above and just below.
|BACK OF CARD|
- Trimmed 2 pieces of French Text to 4.0"X5.25" and mounted on 4.25"X5.5" white cardstock for front and back. (I have found I really like the cards without the fold and it saves on cardstock.) Used watercolor around the edges for a shadow or aged look. Mounted the ribbon through the centers of the die cuts as I mounted them as shown. Used Glossy Accents in my needle-nosed bottle for the die cut edges. Taped my centers with ATG tape. (BTW you don't need the gun to use the tape. Let me know if you want me to explain how). Added bows and white pearl hearts to front and back.
- Tore the piece of French Text done on the envelope diagonally and painted on the edge as shown. Added to envelope corner.
- Mounted the layered Bouquet image on the front and laid the bouquet image on the back.
- Cardstock has layers and I took the bottom layer off my last bouquet image before mounting it to the envelope. If I send it in the mail I will cover the corner with clear package tape so it will glide through the postal thingy.