Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Christmas Wreath Two-Sided Card


Just a reminder to vote in my poles at the left if you haven't already.  You can keep up with the results too if you like by pressing on the view button.

I have another Christmas card so I don't get caught like last year, with not enough cards for all.  I still really liking making the card with just a front and a back (another green idea) when I can.  The photos make the red look more true red.  Mine is actually a deep pink red.  A very easy card as you will see:

IMAGE AND CARD FRONT:
  1. Stamped wreath on white cardstock 3 times (once for base, once for dimensions, and once for the back of card and envy.
  2. Painted all of first image, parts of second image for dimension, and trimmed parts for back and envy with twinks.
  3. Trimmed and embossed Holly leaves, bells, and bow from back and mounted with 3D pop-dot REMNANTS. (Go green and don't waste the left-over of pop dots.  They work even better than the dots/squares sometimes, if not just the same.)
  4. Put white cardstock through Cuttlebug with Sizzix Dots folder, painted the flourish with Twink H20 Solar Gold.
  5. Used Bazzill Pirouette taped to Merry Christmas portion of Merry Tree die.

ASSEMBLY AND EMBELLISHMENT:
  1. The Bazzill base is 6.25"x4.5".  The white embossed cardstock (5.5"x4.25) was mounted in the middle.  A plain white piece was mounted on the back.
  2. The wreath was mounted and then Viva Crystal Clear was added to the bells and Mistletoe.  When dry Stickles Diamonds was added lightly to the Mistletoe berries.  The same treatment was done on the backside of the card with the holly, bells, Mistletoe, and the bow. Spica AtYou pens were used to high light the leaves and bow edges where needed.
  3. Two strips of the Bazzill was added to the envy and then the Holly, Mistletoe, etc. like on the back of the envy.
  4. The hearts were added with a dot of GA and then hearts added to them with a Quikstik.
That's it for today and thanks so much for stopping by to look and share.

Shirley

SUPPLIES:

34 comments:

G Peplow said...

Gorgeous Christmas wreath, I love this Shirley :D I have voted :D Have fun :D Gay x

redwasher1 said...

Absolutely stunning card!!! You do beautiful cards and
add all the supplies!! Nice!! I voted too!

Benzi said...

Your two-sided card is gorgeous, Shirley. I love the beautiful wreath and you have made it look awesome. I love the envelope....what a nice touch to receive a card in that pretty envie.

Marie-Louise said...

Beautiful card Shirley.

Donna Maligno said...

Fabulous job, Shirl! Love it - so crisp looking!

Crafting Queen said...

Really lovely card and love how you did the back as well.

Anne Temple said...

Wow, this is gorgeous! Love everything about it.

Beth Normanh said...

Truly a beauty. It looks very detailed. Lovely card for the recipient.

*Vicki* said...

This is really gorgeous Shirley!! Love the dimension on the wreath!! Never too early for Christmas! HUGS :)

Donna Ellis said...

How lovely, Shirley! The dimension in your wreath looks amazing, and the colors are truly festive. I like the slightly "pink" red tones with the greenery. Much more vibrant. I also like the dots on the bottom half of your card, with the pretty gold separators. Very pretty! Hope this finds you doing well. We are still in the 90s each day with extremely high humidity! But we don't have flooding or damaging weather, so no complaining. hugs, de

craftieodmae said...

Absolutley gorgeous!!!!

Canonbury creations said...

Gorgeous card Shirley, I love the wreath and the bell decorations are cute and different. I have voted:)
Val x

jimlynn said...

Shirley, this is so beautiful! Love the way you did the front and the back and that wreath is stunning! A gorgeous card for Christmas.
Lynn

Karen Amidon said...

Another beauty Shirley! Love what you do with those Twinks! I always learn something new from your post, thank you!

Conniecrafter said...

Beautiful, I love that you gave the wreath dimension, neat how you have a die cut sentiment so you can put it over the embossing!! I really need to start my Christmas cards too so I am not running around like a chicken with my head cut off trying to get cards done

Sue Lelli said...

You wreath is BEAUTIFUL, Shirly! LOVE the embellies on the inside and the envelope as well! FAB Christmas card!

Greta said...

I love that wreath & the beautiful pearl hearts--gorgeous card, Shirley! Thanks so much for all your sweet comments on my blog!

Marybeth said...

Hi Shirley ,your Christmas card is gorgeous! The bells almost look real ! Love the popped up bits of layers and just enough glitter here and there. Gorgeous inside and out.

MaryH said...

Brillant idea of just the front & back. Think I'm gonna try doing some this way. This is just beautiful, and I love the way you've decorated the envelope too. (Did that with my brother's card envelope, something I seldom think to do). Love this stamp and you've made it so gorgeous on this pretty card. TFS & Happy wkend. Hugs

Craftyfield said...

Good move on going green with your Christmas cards! I hadn't realised the die-cut sentiment came from the Merry Tree die. It's a great size for cards.

stampqueen said...

Beautiful card!! Love the idea of doing the front and back - great green idea since sofew people save their Christmas cards anyway.

Ann said...

Whoaa ~ this is stunning Shirley ~ I love the gorgeous wreath and the design of the card!

Cara said...

Shirley - I just love how you make the most of your card layouts with matching envelopes.
Thanks for sharing!
HUGS
Cara

Barbara Bruder said...

Hi Shirley, What a beautiful wreath. Love the dimension you added to it.

Katie said...

I think this is the prettiest Christmas card I have seen! Beautiful job! :) Love the two-sided idea too. Beautiful wreath stamp. Thanks for sharing.

Katie B.

Donna B. said...

Beautiful card Shirley! I love all the dimension you added by popping up some things.

Unknown said...

A beautiful Christmas card Shirley, inside and out. Love that you decorated the envelope too! xx

Teresa Kline said...

gorgeous Christmas card, WOW....I need to get started, thansk for the inspiration!

sparkle & shine *~*

Donna Ellis said...

Just stopping by to make sure everything is A-OK with Miss Shirley! I miss seeing your pretty artwork! hugs, de

Shona said...

Hi Shirley!
I don't know how I missed seeing this gorgeous card, except maybe that's when I was fixing my cranky computer! Although I am a fan of JR stamps, I didn't think that I needed this one... that is, until I saw this! Such a gorgeous card, and the pink-red shows as such on my screen. Beautiful!
Love the use of Twinks. My sister found a bunch on sale and is sending them to me! YAY!

stampqueen said...

Beautiful - I may have to do some 2 sided cards, great idea!!!

April said...

What a beautiful card! Your wreath is wonderful with all the dimension. Love it! xo

stampqueen said...

Hallo Shirley - been kinda quiet here on your blog in the last few months - R U ok?
Take Care
Tera

Anonymous said...

May I simply just say what a comfort to uncover a person that actually knows what
they're discussing over the internet. You definitely
know how to bring an issue to light and make it important.
A lot more people should look at this and understand this side of the story.
I was surprised that you aren't more popular given that you surely have the gift.


Here is my web-site: dieting ()

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...