Sunday, March 15, 2015

A Big Hello

IMPRESSION OBSESSION THOUGHTFUL BOUQUET & CAC FRENCH TEXT
To all of you.  I especially want to also say thank you to my friends who emailed me to ask what I had been doing.  I am sorry I didn't post about why I had not been posting.  I had some difficult family matters and had to take care of business.  :-)

For today's card I chose a new Impression Obsession stamp.  Below is how I created the card:

IMAGES:
  1. Stamped Thoughtful Bouquet with Espresso Truffle on natural cardstock once and the flowers on top on white cardstock twice.  Painted flower images with Twinkling H2O's ( they have shimmer.  Trimmed around main image and flowers.  Embossed main image and one flower image from back with stylus on mat.
  2. Stamped CAC French Text with Espresso Truffle on natural cardstock twice.  Stamped the corner of a natural envelope with the text too.
  3. Embellished the flowers with the Yellow and Purple pens from my Wink of Stella set.
DIE CUTS:
  1.  Did 2 die cuts from Spellbinders new Labels 39 die set.  I had to do the die cut and then trace around the edges of the die before removing it.  Then I trimmed the penciled edge as shown above and just below.
BACK OF CARD

ASSEMBLY:
  1. Trimmed 2 pieces of French Text to 4.0"X5.25" and mounted on 4.25"X5.5" white cardstock for front and back.  (I have found I really like the cards without the fold and it saves on cardstock.)  Used watercolor around the edges for a shadow or aged look.  Mounted the ribbon through the centers of the die cuts as I mounted them as shown.  Used Glossy Accents in my needle-nosed bottle for the die cut edges.  Taped my centers with ATG tape. (BTW you don't need the gun to use the tape.  Let me know if you want me to explain how).  Added bows and white pearl hearts to front and back.
  2. Tore the piece of French Text done on the envelope diagonally and painted on the edge as shown.  Added to envelope corner.
  3. Mounted the layered Bouquet image on the front and laid the bouquet image on the back.
  4. Cardstock has layers and I took the bottom layer off my last bouquet image before mounting it to the envelope.  If I send it in the mail I will cover the corner with clear package tape so it will glide through the postal thingy.

 Shirley
 SUPPLIES:

32 comments:

Crafting Queen said...

Such a beautiful card.

Marie-Louise said...

Gorgeous card Shirley. I hope everything is sorted out for you now and you can get back to crafting regularly.

Patti J said...

I'm so so so glad to see you! I actually had you on my to-do list tomorrow! Planned to drop you an email. Hope things are better now. Family always has to come first. Shirley your card is beautiful! I've very much missed your gorgeous creations. Thank you for sharing!

Shelly Schmidt said...

Beautifully done- what I expect when I stop by! Glad to see you posting- was hoping all was OK when I did not see you posting on your blog!

Sharli Schaitberger said...

What a pretty card! Glad to see you back, I have missed you!

Beth Norman said...

So glad you're back. I do hope everything is okay. I missed you.

Your card and envelope are stunning. I love the colours, and the die you used on your background.

Barbara R. said...

Great card Shirley. I always look so forward to your posts. You possess such a wonderful design eye. Beautiful, as always.

Donna Ellis said...

Hi, Shirley! Boy, am I EVER happy to hear from you. I was so concerned, and am glad that you are healthy and doing well. Sorry to hear that things escalated so much, but glad you were able to help with doing whatever was needed.

Your card is amazing, of course - such beauty mixed with nature (I imagine you are longing for flower days again). The envelop looks just as pretty as your card, and the interior is WONDERFUL! Hope you continue being able to share your artwork with us.

hugs,
de

Conniecrafter said...

So good to see you posting again, hope all things will be good from here on out. Gorgeous stamping outside and inside, such lovely coloring and your envelope corner is such a wonderful first glance for whomever receives this beauty!

Karen Amidon said...

Yay! I'm so glad to see that you are back, I was really getting worried. What a way to debute too...this is GORGEOUS! Looking forward to many more :-)

Darnell said...

It's good to see you back, Shirley! You and your fabulous talent were missed in Blogland!! Hugs, Darnell

Di said...

Hi Shirley! Pleased to see you back with us, and with a stunning card too! Hope all is fine for you.

Hugs

Di xx

Craftyfield said...

So glad to see you back, I did wonder how you were and kept checking the blog for news! Life takes over from time to time, that's how it goes...
The card and envelope are lovely, with a feel of spring.

Barbara Bruder said...

Hi Shirley!! Welcome back. Glad to see you and hope everything is settled and happy to see you are back to crafting again. Your card is beautiful and love the envie as well. Bet the mailman will enjoy it too.

JD/ Jill said...

Really pretty card!

Thank you for your nice comments on my blog...

To answer your question about the ribbon card...I used Spellbinder die called crisscross. S5-197

Marybeth said...

Welcome back Shirley! I hope family matters are on the mend. Just glad your back and with such a gorgeous card! Wow... gorgeous...gorgeous!

Canonbury creations said...

What a gorgeous come back card Shirley, so, so pretty! So nice to have you back psoting your fabulous cards again and always in such wonderful detail:)
Val x

Beebeebabs said...

Hi Shirley such a beautiful card as always. Long time no see lol

MaryH said...

Hi Shirley, So lovely to see you with a new post, but sorry to hear you had some difficult family stuff to get through. Hope all is settled now, and you can get back to happier & more fun things. Sad to say, but we all have to go through this from time to time. I am loving this card...can't beat the IO stamps IMHO. They always stamp so crisply and I love the dies too. All that I have, cut so well. You've made a wonderful spring card with the image. Love the vintage & soft look to the colors, and that S/B die is just beautiful. Of course your inside portion is always so lovely as well. Hope you will have a great wkend, and looking forward to seeing more inspiration from you. We must arrange a get-together this spring if possible! TFS & Hugs.

Paper Creations by Shirley said...

Hi Shirley it's great to see you back :) I hope all is OK. Gorgeous design as always, I love the flowers. Take good care, Shirleyxx

Shona said...

Shirley !!! YAY! So happy you are back, I missed you and your gorgeous creations. You are obviously back with a bang! This card makes me drool. I hope things are better for you now, and I look forward to seeing more of your inspiring creations.

Greta said...

Such a gorgeous card, Shirley! I was just thinking about you this week & so glad when I saw your comment! I've missed seeing your work & glad you're back to it. Hope everything worked out with your family. Hugs, Greta

Sue Lelli said...

I am so sorry to hear you are having family issues. I honestly think that is why I started crafting in the first place! LOVE your card - your beautiful images, die cuts, and coloring! A true Shirley card for sure!

Julia Aston said...

So nice to see you back Shirley - sorry for your need for the time off from blogging - your card and envelope are just beautiful!

G Peplow said...

Hi Shirley, Hope all is sorted and you're back on an even keel again :D Super pretty card, so much attention to detail too , great job :D x

Benzi said...

Shirley, it is so good to see you return to your blog. Life can be so difficult, but hoping all is well now.

Your card and envelope are beautiful. I love those flowers and the French text looks lovely in the background. The torn section of paper is great on the envelope. Fabulous work, as always.

MackieMade Paper Creations said...

So gorgeous!!!! Love those flowers! Glad you are back and hope all is better now!

stampqueen said...

Beautiful card - love the vintage feel!!!

Mrs Mac said...

Hallo Shirley! Long time no read. I see you are still mking beautiful cards xx I'm not blogging- on facebook now as I keep in touch with my cousins there... so little time to do things! Still caring for my mum. Hope you are well xxx

*Vicki* said...

Really beautiful card Shirley!! Love the pretty flowers and your Vintage touch! ;) HUGS

wannabcre8tive said...

Your card is just gorgeous. I love the pretty pink blooms.

Ann said...

Beautiful design Shirley! I'm glad you're back to posting (okay I've not been good about posting ~ but I'm happy to see you)!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...