|IO QUILT VASE, CAC DOTTED ARGYLE, & GREETINGS DIE SET|
I need to schedule time to do what I love best since Spring is here. For this card I chose another Tara Caldwell image. She has only been with IO a short time. I have fallen in love with her designs. Here is how I used her Quilt Vase design:
- Stamped the image with Timber Brown ink 1 time, and then the flowers 3 times on white cardstock and painted with Twinkling H2Os. Cut around the main image and embossed from the back with a stylus.
- Used largest Spellbinders Labels 40 die twice with white cardstock to get the front and back side of the card, mounted on red cardstock. (Mounted using ATG tape in the middle of the die cut and then used needle nose bottle with Glossy Accents (GA) to tack down the lace area in places.
- Stamped Argyle background with Blazing Red. Used the center of the die as a template to get the portion I wanted for a tablecloth look, traced with a pencil, and cut out.
- Mounted tablecloth with 1/4" ATG tape, mounted the vase with ATG along the bottom of the vase and 3D pop-dots from middle to top.
- Cut out flowers and leaves from second image, embossed from the back and used GA lines on matched flower/leaf, let dry just a little and mounted flower or leaf with a tad of glue dot at one end. Highlighted areas with Vivas, Wink of Stellas, and Stickles. Mounted gold sequins and heart stick pin with gold bow.
- Die cut the "Hello" using the red and gold mirror cardstock.
- Trimmed the other 2 flower images and mounted as shown with tape and GA.
- Below is the back of the card with one of the flower images at the bottom.
- The third image was mounted on the envelope as shown above. (The cardstock has been peeled to make the image thinner in case I mail it. If mailed I will also place a clear piece of packing tape over the corner area with at least .25" overlap to the back side. That way it slides right through the mail postage reader.)
I store my die sets in plastic ziploc bags. I hate all the dies collecting on the bottom as it's to sort them to find the one I want. It's hard enough reading them 'backwards'. ;-) Another bad habit I have is saving anything that looks like I can use it for my cards, etc. I save the magnetic strips that have come on the telephone directories, etc. Below is what I did:
- Taped two of the magnetic squares together using duct tape.
- It was too big for the back of the IO cover, so I added ATG to the back of the magnetic strip(s) and mounted from the top and center on the IO cover back.
- Trimmed the bottom of the magnetic strip to match up with the IO cover bottom.Mounted the dies. Love it!!!
"PROVE YOU'RE NOT A ROBOT"
|OUT WITH THE OLD|
|IN WITH THE NEW|
- "I'm not a robot" is automatic.
- They have also given us a choice of continuing to use the Word Verification or not. It too has been improved with simple to read short letters. I have mine turned off because I tested having it on or off and I still didn't get those pesky ads anymore, even on old posts. (If any of you have questions, just email me).