Since I have time to blog hop again, I have noticed my list of blogs I follow increasing by leaps and........well, you know. I had a new blogger ask me to explain comment windows, etc., and comment moderation. I gave her my opinion only and told her she should experiment to see which choices worked best for her.
One thing I have noticed is on some blogs you have to click your back button to see the card again, losing some of your comment, or you have to go clear back to the top to see the card again. I chose Popup because it allows the person reading the post to comment with the window next to the card, etc. If they want to travel down to the next post, in the blog home page, and care to comment they click on the comment section for that post and it brings up the comment section for that post up in the same second window that is already open (I track to make sure it took by checking the number of comments already done. It saves me time from having to pop back to the card or traveling up to the top of the post and back down again to remember what I liked about the card.
If you want this choice, you go to your Dashboard/Design Section:
- Click on Settings in left hand column
- Click on Posts and Comments
- In the column on the right at the very top it will say Comment Location
- To the right it gives Options - I clicked on Popup Window
- Then I clicked on Save Settings at the top right.
The next thing she asked about was both Comment Moderation and Word Verification. I've had some people tell me they won't bother to comment when this happens because it takes too much time and they hate word verification because they can't read the numbers half the time.
After trying both I noticed most Spam comments come from posts older than 2 weeks so all I needed was setting my Comment Moderation as follows:
- For posts older than 14 days.
- Don't forget to click on Save Settings at the top right.
I only rarely get Spam email in my inbox. When it is sent to my email as a regular comment, which is really rare, I go to Dashboard/Design Section:
- Click on Comments in left hand column
- I used to click on Published on the right first, but it was never there. It was already in the:
- Spam section already. When that happens I just empty the bin while I am there by clicking on the box on at the top, which leaves checks on all of the spam, and then on the Delete tab.
Thanks for stopping by to look and share!