Saturday, August 9, 2014

New To You Stamps Happen Santas


Still getting out those old images to use, while incorporating some of my new 'stuff'.  I had several images of the Santas With Stars by Stamps Happen.  I decided to make a couple of cards with them and the fact that I usually layer really made it more appealing to me.  The only place I could find the stamp for sale was on EBay, etc.  I am also unmounting all of my woodblock stamps to make more room, so it worked well for that reason too.

IMAGES:
  1. The Santas W Stars was stamped on white cardstock 6 times with Brilliance Gold, heated to dry the ink, painted with twinks, used a black Sharpie for the eyes, then fussy cut for the front, back, and envy, leaving a thin white edge around the images.  Fussy cut 3 of the stars on one of the other images for the cardfront and 2 sides on the back.
  2. The Merry Christmas from the IO Merry Tree die was used with Bazzill deep pink cardstock.  I cut a 1.25 X5.5 piece of the cardstock.  Tape was placed on the die and paper on top to hole it in place.
  3. The Santas had been painted with twinks and were mounted as shown.  The stars were embellished with Stickles Buttercup glitter glue.  Flower Soft/Glossy Accents was used for the fur on caps and Viva Decor Ice White Pearl pen was  used for the beards and hair.
  4. The ribbon is from my stash and the Czech glass heart bead was added to the pearl corsage pin.

CARD FRONT/BACK AND ENVY:
  1. They were created using Spellbinders Enchanted Labels 28 largest die.   White Laid cardstock was used for the front and regular white cardstock was used for the back.
  2. All images were placed on the die cuts first.  ATG tape and was used to place the centers back to back, and the Glossy Accents was used on the 4 corners.
HINT - Someone asked about the needle nosed bottle for the Glossy Accents.  It has worked well for me for about 8 years.  It has only plugged up a couple of times.  I found leaving the bottle on its side keeps it from doing that.   When it did I used a long beading needle to unplug it.  If you have more questions don't hesitate to ask.

As you can tell, life is still taking place here, even more so with the cool weather for this time of year.  See you soon I hope and will be hopping your blogs to see your wonderful creations!!  Thanks for stopping by to look and share.

 Shirley

SUPPLIES:

27 comments:

Benzi said...

Shirley, this is fabulous. Your Santa beards look super. I enlarged it so I could take a better look. And, I love that glass heart bead and the pretty sentiment. Christmas cards are my favorite to make. I made my first Christmas card Friday which will be uploaded later.

Have a wonderful weekend.

Karen Amidon said...

What a fun stamp, love those Santa's! Wonderful rosy pink cheeks and the dreamy beards. Ho, ho, ho!

Beth Norman said...

Ohhh I love those santas. Wouldn't mind them myself. Lovely creation you did. The red and gold really stand out.

jimlynn said...

Shirley, this is so cute! I love that precious little face of Santa! Great card for Christmas.
lynn

Anne Temple said...

Fabulous Christmas card. Love everything about it and the little Santa on the envelope is so cute! Thanks for the tip about the applicator bottles too.

Conniecrafter said...

so cool, I just love how the Santa's are all different styles, neat framing of them!

Helena (Gvendalen) said...

So lovely card, Shirley! I love those santas and red and gold colors. Have a good day.
hugs, Helena

Barbara Bruder said...

Don't you love using older stamps. Thats usually why we've saved them, cause the stamps are classics. This card is really great. Love those Santa images. Great design and great colors.

craftieodmae said...

gorgeous card, love the Santa's!!!

Craftyfield said...

I admire your resolve in using old stamps... Those Santas are so cute too... I have zero motivation for Christmas cards this year and I haven't made a single one yet!

Donna Ellis said...

Pretty Pretty PRETTY! and cute, to boot! Love your dimensional Santas against the merry candy cane of a backdrop with the red and white stripe in the corner of the envy! I don't own this gorgeous SB die set yet - You always have a way of making everything elegant, Shirley. Hope you are doing well. love, de

*Vicki* said...

Shirley, your card is adorable!! Love the Santa!! Just wanted to pop in and say hello as I settle back into my blog again! HUGS

Sue Lelli said...

WOW, Shirley! Those Santas are so Fabulous and I LOVE the fancy die cut BG! CUTE card!

April said...

These Santas make me chuckle! Your card and eny are lovely. Great job! xo

Darnell said...

Oh, Shirley, this is adorable! It is such a pleasure to come by and catch up with your incredible cards and envelopes!! Hugs, Darnell

MaryH said...

These are just darling little Santa faces. I love that you're combining VOS with some new goodies. Who would know, if you didn't say? Some nifty fussy cutting too. Love the way you match your envy to a card motif. Clever girl. That S/B 28 was magnificent with this pretty card. TFS & Hugs. (sorry I made you hungry. You should be able to get some good fried fish up in your area!).

stampqueen said...

Such a cute card!!!! I need to get going on more Christmas cards!!!

Unknown said...

Love your Christmas card and the fun design! :) Hard to believe how fast this year has flown, maybe I'll start on mine soon lol.

Charmaine Stack said...

Very pretty card and a fun combo of the lace-like card with the Santas. I admire your shading with the Twinks. I think I need to work on having a lighter hand with them - mine never look as nice!

G Peplow said...

These Santas are brilliant, I love your card Shirley, their beards are great!! Hope you're well :D xx

Canonbury creations said...

Stunning Xmas card Shirley, love those santas and another of your wonderful decorated envelopes!
Val x

Greta said...

This is so cute, Shirley! Thanks for the tip about putting the Glossy Accents bottle on it's side.

Marybeth said...

Great idea with the Santa,love it! Thanks for the tip about GA.

Ann said...

So cute; love all the santas!

Katie said...

This is so cute! Love this stamp and it works so well with the diecut shape. You will have to share with use how you are doing your unmounting...are you putting a cling backing on, is any of the foam tearing off when you take it off the block ect... Thanks for sharing.

Katie B.

Donna B. said...

I love all those Santas and all the glittery and fun details you added to them! Awesome Christmas Card!

Shona said...

As adorable as your card is, it's the envelope that really does it for me. I can just imagine someone smiling when they get it in the mail!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...