Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Peacock Nouveau

I fell in love with the peacock and feather image when I saw Karen Amidon's and Jenny Gropp's designs on their blogs.  I started my card some time ago and then life happened and I got side tracked, but today here it is:

IMAGES:
  1. Peacock was stamped once and the limb (feather) was stamped 3 times and on an envelope with Memento Nautical Blue ink.  They were painted with twinks an fussy cut.  The circles on the feathers in areas were painted with Golden acrylic Iridescent Gold Deep.  Cupped and flat sequins were used too.  The flat sequins are are blue-green AB (Aurora Boreale) and show as different shades of blue and green. The itty bitty gold circles on the bird are left-over punched centers from a bottle of the sequins.  The bow is May Arts.

BACK AND ENVY:
  1.  I am really liking using the back of my larger card fronts as the area for writing my letter to the receiver.  I did it on this card too.  It is thinner for mailing and I even though I layer.
  2. Spellbinders Enchanted Labels 28 largest die was used for the front and back of the card.
  3. Lil' Inker Mat Stitched Circle die cuts were used to mount the image and the sentiment (which was also stamped with Memento Nautical Blue).
I want to thank those of you who sent cards to Edith and her family.  Her sister has been posting thank yous on Donna's blog.  You can go there with the link in my upper right-hand sidebar.

Don't forget to vote by reading the polls in my upper left-hand sidebar.  You can follow the results there too.

Thanks for stopping by to look and share.  Have a great week and weekend!!
Shirley
SUPPLIES:

28 comments:

craftieodmae said...

Shirley, this is absolutely gorgeous!!

Anne Temple said...

Wow, this is absolutely stunning! Love everything about it.

Cara said...

Oh My - what a gorgeous card Shirley. I have a soft spot for peacocks anyway as my grandparents had them on their ranch as living "Alarms" when I was growing up.

Beth Norman said...

OMGosh how beautiful. This has to be my favourite card of yours. You did a bang up job with the design and colours.

Helena (Gvendalen) said...

Oh, Shirley, it is so beautiful! Magnificent card, my friend.
hugs, Helena

Karen Amidon said...

I've been wondering where you were, so glad to see you back and WOW, this is gorgeous! You always take things to the next level of beauty! Thanks for the mention again, you are too sweet.

Sue Lelli said...

Simply STUNNING, Shirley! LOVE the jewel tone colors and the gems on the feathers! Also LOVE the mat on the inside!

Mary Dew Lee said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Paper Creations by Shirley said...

Gorgeous card Shirley, love the vibrant colours against the white. I hope you are doing well, I know about life getting in the way of creativity these days. Take care, Shirleyx

Conniecrafter said...

Oh wow that is just gorgeous, your coloring of them is just fantastic, I love how you brought it inside and also to the envelope!!

Craftyfield said...

The design works so well, the colors are harmonious but jump out of the white card. Gorgeous!

Donna Ellis said...

Love LOVE your coloring, Shirley. Thanks for the links to the other 2 designers to see their take on the image. I'm in awe of your fussy cutting abilities, and for your beautiful card design, too. It's a beautiful card, Shirley! hugs, de

Barbara Bruder said...

Hi Shirley,WOW your peacock is gorgeous and love your coloring. What a beautiful card!!

redwasher1 said...

Wow! What a gorgeous card!! I love it!!

MaryH said...

Hi Shirley, Sorry to have been MIA for a bit. Just trying to keep up with things, and you know how that can get! I am blown away by this beautiful card. Thanks for the tip on keeping it one layer, and using the back for the message. Good idea. Love the lacey die mat and pretty color combo. The image was gorgeous, but the thought of all that leaf fussy cutting. And done so perfectly. Awesome! Love the sequins and seeing them on quite a few cards. Don't think I own a single package of sequins, so guess I better get with it! TFS such a super beautiful card...great job with every bit of it. Hugs

Joan Ervin said...

WOW!!! Is this ever pretty...love the awesome peacock and what beautiful colors!!!!

Cibele Glazer said...

Love that peacock and your colors are gorgeous!

Benzi said...

Wow....such a beauty, Shirley. I love the peacock and the sequins you added. The colors are gorgeous.

Ann said...

Shirley ~ Beautiful colors for your peacock; I imagine in person the colors shimmer and shine just like a real peacock. Be well. :0)

Greta said...

Oh my goodness, Shirley! This is stunning--one of my favorites!

jimlynn said...

Absolutely GORGEOUS!!!! I don't know how this one got past me but I never saw it. Just beautiful!
Lynn

stampqueen said...

Beautiful colors on your peacock and love the decorative edges!!!

G Peplow said...

Beautiful! Love the colourwork! :D xx

Marybeth said...

Gorgeous way to color in those Serendipity Stamps feathers! The colors are perfect! Gorgeous layers too!

Donna B. said...

This is so gorgeous! I love how you colored it and the colors are perfect!

Unknown said...

Love this card Shirley! The peacock and feathers look amazing. xx

Shona said...

I love how clean and fresh those colours are against the white. The images are amazing, and this card is candy for the eyes!

stampqueen said...

Beautiful - love the colors and the gold...bet these are even prettier IRL.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...