|LAURYN RESTING DURING TRANSFUSION|
Isn't she just precious? Let me introduce you....
Lauryn is two and a half years old and undergoing chemo treatment for Leukemia. Her family members are parents, Josh and Elizabeth; siblings, Lily (age 7), Logan (age 5); and grandmother (fellow stamper, Linda Payne). Lauryn loves princesses and Superman, and her Facebook page too!
Did you know the first dose of chemo takes 35-40 days? So she will be in the hospital for over a month the first time. She will continue treatment for at least three years with in/out admissions. The leukemia has affected 35% of her body and her left leg has some muscle atrophy. They are working to correct that too.
Many in our stamping community asked how we could help. Jennie Harper and Patti Painter started to plan and then Jennifer Scull and Colleen Holmes joined them in putting the details and hop for Lauryn together. A big hug and thank yous to these ladies for their selfless giving of time and heart too. The address for sending cards to Lauryn and her family is:
Hematology/Oncology RM 437
111 Michigan Ave NW
Washington DC 20010
|MY CARD FOR LAURYN WITH IMAGES BY IMPRESSION OBSESSION|
You can get updates on Lauryn and her treatment by clicking on the Facebook link above. Her family has shared how encouraging it is to receive a simple "like" on Facebook or to read the words of love and encouragement that are posted.
Below are the bloggers who have joined Jennie and her crew in promoting this Card Drive. Hop with us to see our cards and/or blog candy (including me).
- Lead Blog Lots of Love for Lauryn - MANY PRIZES HERE
- Olga Jewell Craftieodamae
- Mary Anne Kelemen Lakeside Stamping
- Lisa Haines The Purple Place
- Patti Painter Patti’s Paper Creations
- Jennie Harper Stampin Away the Day
- Colleen Holmes A Card’s Delight
- Jennifer Scull Just Coffee Please…and Stamps and Ribbons and Paper
- Anita Autore Cards and Coffee
- Sandra Van Blaricum Cards and Creativity
- Jerusha Borden I Love Paper Crafting
- Jenn Borjeson Stampin' Angel Jenn
- Nina Brackett Crafting in Croatia
- Linda Coughlin The Funkie Junkie
- Kathleen Curry Will Stamp for Wine
- Melissa Czapor My Many Journeys
- Vicki Dutcher All I Do is Stamp
- Debbie Ebat Debbie’s Stamping Adventures
- Tera Fujan Stamp Queen
- Patti Gilliam Cherish Each Precious Gift
- Joy Hadden Pieces of Joy
- Karen Knegten Studio at the Lake
- Lori McAree Smiling While Stamping
- CG Merrill CG Says (something loudly)
- Rhonda Miller Rhonda’s Place to Shine
- Lee Murphy My Reality
- Betty Neville Stamp TV
- Jackie Randolph Paper Moments
- Shirley Ross Card Art, Etc. YOU ARE HERE AND I HAVE CANDY (see below)
- Melissa Shultz Coffee Stamps And Stitches
- Carla Suto Carla’s Stamping Spot
- Cat Tidwell Cat’s Creations
- Brenda Turner Stamp It Up
- Geri Utterback Geri’s Cards
- Cheri Weston Stamp’n Boomer
Any help you can give will be much appreciated. The drawing for my candy ends Friday, April 18, at 11:00 p.m. The winner will be announced Saturday on my blog post. Thank you and big hugs for playing.
Thank you all again for stopping by to look and share.