That being said, my neighbor saw them and asked if I could make one for her grand daughter's graduation from college with a nursing degree. This one is done as a grad beach party with charms for the lanterns. Above is the result and below is how I did it:
- Stamped Path To The Beach with Memento Desert Sand on Natural Neenah Cardstock, painted with Twinkling H2O's, cut out with largest Romantic Rectangles die, threaded with twine, and attached to a piece of 6"X4" Solar White cardstock. Added Gold Dust to highlight sand with glue for glitter.
- Stamped the grass from Beachcomber with Memento Desert Sand, trimmed and painted with twinks. Turned over and used stylus on emboss mat to give depth.
- Resized digital Girl Walking On Beach, mirrored image in PSP X2 photo program, changed color of image from black to beige, and cut out. Turned over and embossed with stylus. Painted with twinks and mounted on grass.
- Used 3D pop dots on back and mounted to image.
- Found free images of Stargazer lily online, painted with twinks trimmed, embossed with stylus on the back and attached to girls dress.
- Mounted to scene.
- Sentiment was stamped with Toffee Crunch.
- Go here to see how I did this twisted easel base. It is 6" in width and 4" wide. and Neenah Solar White cardstock.
- Cut a piece of 5.75"X3.75" Natural cardstock and mounted in the middle of the base.
- Used IO Grass Border to cut grass for the the edges as shown.
- Mounted 2-3mm heats to the edges.
- Cut the base for the photo from Spellbinders Splendid Circles die. Her photo was emailed from the grandparent and transferred onto photo paper. The die was used as a stencil. I did one of these for each Sandy Hook child or teacher.
- The shells and sand were added to the corner using real shells with a tiny heart pearl in the center shell. The bow is from May Arts ribbon.
- I made a list of what I thought she would be using as a Neonatal Nurse. Next I searched Charm findings sites, Etsy, and EBay. It's amazing what is out there that doesn't cost a lot. For the Sandy Hook cards I did the same and included Charmtastic and Charm It! charms. It really didn't cost that much. Some even include free shipping. Charms are small!!
Envy & Note:
- The envelope card was stamped as shown. The note stationary also has an envelope since there is no room to write on the card itself.
As a last thought and in case Amanda doesn't like charm bracelets, I built a mini floating heart locket key chain. What nurse doesn't have a lot of keys. I saw the lockets while hunting for all the charms I have needed and found these itty bitty ones. Take a close look. You can find charms for anything in this size. The prices are as little as $1. The lockets start at around $6. How fun. The heart says "Love My Grand Daughter" and the other one says "Believe In Miracles".
That's it for today. Thanks for waiting and for stopping by to look and share. Hope to see you sooner than later. ;-)