Because I give a lot of cards and don't always know for what that will be, I usually try to create a card I can use for any reason. Below are the rules I follow to do it:
- The sentiment on the front is usually "For You". It can also be "Thinking Of You". Something that makes it personal, but could cover a broad number of reasons for giving the card.
- I have gone crazy for the twisted easel cards because you can choose how much space to fill on the base, so you can say as much or little as you want. (Even if the space is full, you can always include a note piece of paper folded and placed behind the easel part).
- CAC Tapestry stamped on Neenah Solar White cardstock with VersaMark ink and embossed with a white pearl embossing powder (from my stash) was used as a matte for the Embossed Gift die cut, after brayering it with Memento Angel Pink.
- The die cut was done twice using Curious Ice Gold cardstock and then overlapped as shown.
- The die cuts were taped in place on the back. I placed the tape first and then inserted the "quilted" images.
- The white cardstock matte for the "quilted look" was cut 6"X4" and then the edge die cut with a Border Duo 1 die for the edged below (taped in place with removeable Scotch tape).
- Getting ready for the images meant doing a die cut with the paper cone die with another stashed CAC Tapestry stamped with Memento Angel Pink on Curious Ice Gold cardstock. It was then folded along the creases as shown and then embossed from the underside go give it dimension.
- The two mini circle round tags were used to get a die cut from white cardstock and one from the Curious Ice Gold with the pink ink.
- The flower bouquet was stamped twice from Spring Medley clear stamp set with Delicata Golden Glitz ink, painted with Twinks, and cut out as shown. The images were embossed from the back for dimension and mounted with 3D pop dots, then placed inside the Paper Cone and mounted as shown on the cardfront. A simple white organdy bow was attached with a glue dot.
- The circles were mounted, the sentiment stamped with Memento Bamboo Leaves, a 5mm pearl mounted with Glossy Accents and glitter applied on the squashed part. It was mounted with 3D pop dots too.