Wednesday, May 20, 2009

It's A Summer Challenge


For the Impression-Obsession Design Team. As you can see, my card is for those who like the ocean, or the lake, or anywhere there's water! The stamp is Night Pier by Leigh Hannan. I love the water and the sand.

I used Brilliance Galaxy Gold and Twinkling H2O watercolors. The new Moonlight Smooch by ClearSnap was used to highlight some waves. Bet you anything this is Mica Magic Pearl in a different bottle. I used the new Fiskars Effervescence Border Punch for the trim. If you would like to see more detail and how to do the new Fiskars Punch corners, check out the I/O blog, HERE, where I have a video and explain where to mark your punches for the corners.

Don't forget to check out the Design Team member's blogs too for some wonderful cards and don't forget Tina Werner still has Blog Candy to give away!

Thanks for stopping by 'the blog' to look and share.

 

 Shirley

 

20 comments:

Jackie said...

Gorgeous! I love the colors and the frame just sets it off so well.

Sharon said...

This is so beautiful!! I love the beach scene.

Cindy Haffner said...

Wow Beautiful.

Crafting Queen said...

Beautiful card, wish I was there! Anesha

Elena said...

So beautiful, Shirley! I love border punch idea and ribbon threading! Love the dimension you created too!

Anonymous said...

How creative Shirley!! WOW!! What a gorgeous scenery!! :) I love it!!

Lyn S said...

Beautiful card Shirley! I love the scene and the frame idea is just great!

Anonymous said...

fabulous beach scene and amazing frame... LOVE it!!!!!
Hugs, Christina

tina werner said...

wow, the depth in that card is amazing! i feel like i could just walk off that dock and jump in! love it shirley!

Jenny Gropp said...

What a fab scene -- I'm ready to hit the beach!!! Great card!

Teresa said...

Absolutely gorgeous, you enabler you!

With my love of anything "seashore", you just made sure I buy ANOTHER stamp!

BTW- just to be clear, the stamp is beautiful, but it is what YOU did with it that is gorgeous and amazing!

Hope you enjoy your holiday!

Unknown said...

I just adore this card, really puts you in the holiday mood.

Julie Koerber said...

Wow... Shirley- this coloring is just fabulous!! Looks so inviting!!!

Etha said...

wow! what a beautiful card, I want to run down that dock and jump right in :)

Theresa Momber said...

What a beautiful card, Shirley! Love your coloring and that fabulous scene.

Ann said...

Love this little scene you've created! The border is so fun, too!

Cheryl said...

Shirley this is beautiful! Love the way you did the sand.

Stamp and Smile said...

How fun! So 3-D and I feel like I'm on a vacation when I look at your card.... so peacful! Love how you did your ribbon treatment... TFS! Smiles Shirley!! :)

Vicki G said...

This has so much depth and dimension! WOw! Gorgeous!

Chris Scrappin and Stampin in Texas said...

Love the border and your scene. Makes me ready for summer!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...