The fold I used for this card is called Stair Step and the steps I liked best are posted on Gabi's blog, The Czech Chick Gallery. I am definitely going back to check out the cards I haven't seen yet.
1. Neenah Classic Crest Solar White Super Smooth cardstock 80lb. was used for both the fold and for the backgrounds attached to the fold.
2. The only difference in my card is that mine measures: 5.25"X10.75 in width and hers is 5.0"X10.25. My folds were made at 1.5", 2.5", 4.25", 6", and 8.25. The 1.5 allows for the punched edge on the front.
3. The edge was created with Martha Stewart Floral Lace Border Punch. You will find the left over piece at the bottom of the punch is the quarter inch extra allowed with you cut and folded your card.
4. 2 more pieces of cardstock 4.25X5.5 were run through the Cuttlebug first on D'Vine Swirls and then with Swiss Dots. It leaves the swirl pattern, but the Swiss Dots are the most pronounced.
5. One complete embossed piece is mounted on the front of the last step. The next piece was torn into two pieces for ruff edges. A pencil was used to mark the areas to be torn based on the height of the step. The left over from the smallest torn piece was used on the back near the trees as a snow drift.
6. Glue was applied to the torn edges and then DecoArt Glamour Dust Crystal glitter .
The Pine Trees are from Clear Acrylic stamps (Swirl Trees by Impression-Obsession).
1. The reverse (smooth) side of the stamps were inked with SU Classic Old Olive.
2. Then they were 'Kissed' with retired 'Filigree Hearts' stamp by Paper Parachute to pick up the design of the hearts. Here's a video that explains what kissing is about. I have done it with stamps of all sizes and a reverse if the sizes that she uses. If you haven't done this you should practice first.
3. Next they were stamped on White Glossy Cardstock. Heat embossed to dry faster. A glue pen was applied in the open clear areas (Kissing removed the ink) and DecoArt Glamour Dust Crystal glitter was applied.
4. They were cut out using embroidery scissors.
The Main Image is Tilda by Magnolia Stamps.
1. She was stamped on Neenah Classic Crest Solar White Super Smooth cardstock 80lb. with Brilliance Galaxy Gold. Heat embossed to dry faster.
2. Hearts from Sweet Hearts by Impression-Obsession was stamped in VersaMark and then embossed with Clear Embossing Powder.
3. She was painted with Twinkling H2O's Natural Linen, Ginger Flower, Cherry Sorbet, Warm Pecan, Solar Gold, and Moss Green.
4. The Clear Embossing Powder was removed by covering the image with copy paper and ironing with a dry iron.
5. The White heart areas, her cuffs, wings, and connections on hat had Glitter Glue applied, followed by DecoArt Glamour Dust Crystal glitter.
6. Glossy Accents was applied to the heart she is carrying.
7. Embroidery Scissors were used to cut around her.
The Sleigh is from Sliegh Ride by Flourishes. It was:
1. stamped with Brilliance Galaxy Gold.
2. painted with Twinkling H2O's Warm Pecan, Solar Gold, Ginger Flower, and Moss Green.
3. Glossy Accents was used on the Ginger Flower part of the hearts.
4. DecoArt Glamour Dust Crystal glitter was used on the upper trim.
5. Embroidery scissors and an X-acto knife was used to trim around and in the runner areas.
6. The ribbon is from Wal-Mart and was tied in a bow, seated with a glue dot at the front of the sleigh. The long tails from the bow were tied in a knot and threaded through the heart she carries.
The words 'You're Sweet' are from Sweet Hearts by Impression-Obsession.
1. The tag die cut is from Spellbinders Ribbon Tag Trio .
2. The words were stamped with Brilliance Galaxy Gold.
3. The tag was mounted with tape on the back.
4. The ribbon was mounted first and then
5. Martha Stewart bows were tied and mounted with glue dots.
Thanks for stopping by 'the blog' to look and share!!