Wednesday, June 15, 2011

It's My Flower Time


For months I have wanted to do some flower cards and just never made time.  Well as you can see, I have.  I am starting with a flower I made using Spellbinder's Blossom die set.

The smallest 3 dies from Spellbinder's Blossom set were run through my Cuttlebug twice using Curious Gold Leaf White Gold 8.5X11 text.  It is more of a bone color with a gold sheen to it.  Text is easier to mold and is still thicker than normal text weight paper.  I trimmed the petals in the valleys a little so they would curl easier.  I laid them out and then inked up Impression Obsession's Cover-A-Card Dots on my Mega Mount with Brilliance Coral and rocked it over them and then dried them with a heat gun.  I curled the petals with a crochet handle and mounted them on top one another as shown.   A humongous White pearl sticker was put in the middle and Stickles Cinnamon glitter glue was used for the dots you see around it.  At this point I have one petal layer left for the sentiment.

I ran a pink piece of cardstock through the Cuttlebug using their Textile Texture embossing folder.  I ran my Opalite Golden Mist pad over the embossed area to add a gold sheen to it.   I cut it in half and then taped it to a white piece of Domtar cardstock.

I ran remnant pieces of Neenah Classic Crest Solar White 80lb. text weight paper through my Fiskars Eyelet Lace Border Punch to do 5 layers at 1.5"X4.0".

A remnant piece of dark brown ribbon was threaded through a piece of May Arts lace and taped to the card.  The bow was done with the Bow-Easy.  This was mounted on Curious Chocolate.

The sentiment is from Impression Obsession Clear Stamp Set Mini Messages and was stamped on Neenah Solar White Classic Crest remnant cardstock using Memento Rich Cocoa.  I placed a clear oval sticker on top of it and then taped to center of the last petal die cut and mounted as shown.  Last I used a Viva Decor Cream Pearl Pen to accent certain embossed areas in the paper lace.

I had fun and think I might try a ribbon rose next!  Thanks for stopping by to look and say hi!
 Shirley





Supplies:
Papers: Domtar White, Super Smooth, 90 lb. Folded card base ; Neenah Classic Crest, Solar White, Super Smooth cardstock and text weight; Curious Gold Leaf White Gold and Chocolate text weight; Pink cardstock

Stamps: Impression Obsession Cover-A-Card CC003- Dots and Mini Messages

Inks: Brilliance Coral; Memento Rich Cocoa; Opalite Golden Mist

Accessories: Fiskars Eyelet Lace Border Punch; Viva Pearl Pen Cream; Cuttlebug Textile Texture; Spellbinders Blossom; Mark Richards 10mm Pearl sticker; May Arts Lace; Bow-Easy; Clear Dome sticker, Michael remnant ribbon

33 comments:

Shelly Schmidt said...

Beautiful card- I love the flower! Awesome!

Cindy Haffner said...

Shirley this is BEAUTIFUL!!~

Crafting Queen said...

Great card, love the flowers!!!

craftimamma said...

Hi Shirley,

Making flowers is one of my favourite things to do to embellish my crafty makes so this lovely card pushes all the right buttons for me. I love the embossed pieces too and the colours are lovely.

Hugs
Lesley Xx

Carol Hartery said...

Hi Shirley!
I LOVE your flower. I love the dots on it and the way you curled it. I clicked on the photo to see it close up and it looked even more amazing. Can't wait to see the other flowers you make.
Carol

Stampin in the suburbs said...

Shirley,
this is really beautiful. I love that embossing on the back layer. Very unique and appropriate for the flower.

Diane said...

Very pretty Shirley...beautiful flower!!

Benzi said...

Shirley, what a gorgeous card. Love your flower and the eyelet lace is divine. Wow! The five layers made it sooooo beautiful.

Donna B. said...

Shirley, your card is beautiful!! I love your flower and the colors are great!!

Karen McAlpine said...

Love it!! Fabulous Flower!

Creations by Shirl said...

Wow Shirley~
What a magnificant flower card! I always wanted to try and do my own flowers but never yet attempted too. I'm not sure if I have the patience to at least try, but who knows in due time I might. Luv the choice of colors the pink / brown ribbon and the embossing in the background of it is gorgeous.
Many hugs to u :-)

Ann said...

I love your layers of Lace.......just awesome. The flower's soft color is perfect.

Julia Aston said...

What a pretty dotted flower Shirley! love the colors!

Deborah March said...

Such a lovely card! I sure do appreciate you taking the time to share the directions for your cards! Have a GRAND weekend Ms Shirley!

Linda said...

OH Shirley, This is so beautiful.. I really love that flower.. very lovely.. Hugs, Linda

Stephanie Lanzalotto said...

Shirley, this card is beautiful. I love the colors you chose and the flower is perfect.

Joan Ervin said...

Ooooh, I loooove your beautiful flower, Shirley!!!! The colors and papers are sooo pretty and I sooo love all the scallops on the bottom!!!!

Tammi said...

Love the polka dot flower, this is gorgeous Shirley! Neat way to add a gold sheen too. ~hugs

G Peplow said...

Lovely card, what a lot of detail and so pretty, Hope you're well Shirley? Hugs Gay xxx

Colleen Dietrich said...

Hi Shirley! I'm glad you popped by my blog to tell me about this card. It's wonderful! Love those white lacy layers, and that pretty flower you made with Spellbinders' dies. Eventually I'll get my hands on that die set! Such a beautiful card, my friend. :) Have a great weekend.

Cibele Glazer said...

Absolutely gorgeous! Love the flower!!

Tracey said...

STUNNINGLY GORGEOUS Shirley!!! I so need to get crafting with my IO stamps again....thanks for the inspiration and the sweet comments on my blog...you really are so sweet :) hugs, TRace

Karen said...

This is so pretty! I love all the details you added ~ especially the ribbon threaded through the lace. I have a spellbinders flower that I haven't played with yet, and you've inspired me to give it a try! Thank you for always being so creative & encouraging! with love, Karen

Conniecrafter said...

Very pretty, love your flower, such pretty layers of the punched border, like your piece of embossed background too!

Kimberly Gajewski said...

This is so pretty Shirley! I LOVE how you used the eyelet lace punch! Beautiful blossom too! :D

send flowers to usa from india said...

Beautiful, i love the cards designed by flowers.

Shannon White said...

Miss Shirley, This is Absolutely Gorgeous! I Love your layerd I/O Dot Flower! Wowzers, So Pretty! Wonderful details, Love the eyelet lace borders too.. The whole card is just Fabulous!

Hugs
Shannon 8-)

susanne said...

Shirley, there is a wonderful retro feel to this beautiful card!Love the polka a dot flower .. how gorgeous , wow! ... I love pink and brown together ... and the way you tied your bow and knotted the ends ... such a lovely detail!

Sue Lelli said...

This card is just WONDERFUL! LOVE the flower and LOVE the dots! BEAUTIFUL lauers, too!

Kim Dellow said...

So pretty Shirley, beautiful card. Kim

Lyn S said...

Beautiful flower card Shirley!

Enviar Flores said...

Very pretty card. I love the soft and elegant colors you used.

Send Flowers in india said...

Thats a nice card. Thank you for sharing.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...