Friday, March 14, 2008

Yooooooo Hoooooo

Yep! I'm up to the Leigh Hannan Impression-Obsession stamps again. This one is called Night Owl. I've had this stamp since last fall and was determined to try it out. I fell in love with the little owl. I used Twinkling H2O's to paint sky, clouds, and leaves. I used dimensional stickers for the owl. He was painted with Copic Spica pens and then used Rangers Glossy Accents to give him some extra dimension. Rangers Glitter Glues, Cinnamon for the berries and Buttercup for the stars, were used.

A TIP for when you would like your main image to have edges of a different color, but don't want to use cardstock for a frame: (First cut the edges to the size or shape you want. Then choose the right Tombow, Sharpie, etc. etc. for the color you need. Use the brush tip of the Tombow or the thick tipped Sharpie. Holding the pen in your right hand with the tip pointed up, and with the paper in your left hand, level to the middle of the tip, run the tip along the edge of the paper.) It didn't take long at all and gives the edge just the right contrast between the blue and yellow backgrounds.

The ribbon is contraband from a Michaels sales bin and the beads are from years back. Buttercup glitter glue was used on the star beads too! Fiskars decorative scissors Celestial (for the corners) and Seagull were used for along the edges. The rhinestones are brown flatbacks that were applied with Glossy Accents.


If you have any questions, please let me know and thanks for stopping by!

 

 Shirley

 

2 comments:

Etha said...

dang that is PRETTY! I just love everything about this card, I want it! bad :) LOL, thanks for sharing, so cool! I so love Leigh's stuff.....and you did wonders with this.

Etha said...

WOW, I just fell over backwards!! Did you hear that? LOL, thank you SO much fro letting me have this treasure of a card!!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...