Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Winter Mitten


When I saw Snowman Mitten, I immediately thought that stamp needs the 'Kiss' technique with CAC Knit!  That thought led to below:
Cardfront Background:
  1. Stamped CAC Ornate Snowflakes on white cardstock with Memento Summer Sky, trimmed to 4"X5.25" and mounted to white cardstock.
 Kissing Technique:
  1. Inked CAC Knit with Summer Sky ink, placed Snow Mitten on inked CAC and then stamped on white cardstock twice.  Trimmed around first mitten.  Cut out snowman and buttons on second mitten.
  2. Mounted mitten on white cardstock with 3D pop-dots, traced around with Magic Matter 1/8" and cut out.  Mounted buttons with 3D pop-dots.
 Sentiment Snowflake:
  1. What a pleasant surprise when I die cut Lg. Snowflake.  I honestly had no idea this die was actually 4 separate snowflakes if you want.   I saw it embossed by Jenny Gropp HERE, so I thought I would be getting a really detailed one snowflake and instead I got 4 detailed and lovely snowflakes.  You see 2 above and I used the other two for the sentiment on the card as shown.
  2. I stamped the sentiment Happy Holidays on a leftover circle from Circle Shaker Frame Die Set.
Assembly:
  1. Mounted the snowflake on the right first with Glossy Accents, mounted sentiment in the center, then mounted the center small snowflake.  Added glitter with a Sakura glue pen to snowflakes and parts of mitten.
  2. Mounted the circle with sentiment.
  3. Mounted mitten.
  4. Added a bow and heart embellishments.
A really fun card and can't wait to use the leftover snowflakes.  I see a frame with the large one!!!

 Shirley

SUPPLIES:

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...