I stamped her with Brilliance Galaxy Gold and embossed with a heat gun to dry the ink. She was painted with Twinkling H20's. Her eyes and nose were accented with a Script fineline Brown pen.
I chose the largest Spellbinders Labels Twenty-Three die and
- Used it as a template to determine my 'out of the box' area (leg) and traced with a pencil
- Cut around her leg as shown, went up past the edge a little on each side of her leg
- Laid the leg over the edge of the die (so it wouldn't be cut) and put it through the Cuttlebug
- Turned it over with die in place, used a stylus to emphasize the embossed areas from the back
- With die was still in place sponged the edges with Brilliance Coffee Bean (after stamping off to make sure it was not too dark) as shown.
- Removed the die and inked the outside edges with a Memento Cocoa Brown marker
- Outlined the areas where I wanted to emboss with a fine stylus on the front on a Pergamano mat (when you turn it over it looks like a map)
- Turned her over again and embossed the areas I wanted raised from behind with a bigger stylus
- Stamped another wing with Brilliance Galaxy Gold, dried with heat gun, and cut out. edged with the Galaxy Gold, turned over and embossed with a larger stylus, mounted it with 3D pop dots as shown.
- Viva Decor Bronze Pearl for her 'butterfly bumps' and antennae
- Glossy Accents and Deco Art Glamour Dust for her 'fairy spots' on her wings, and
- Viva Decor Yellow Quartz for the Daisy centers
- From Phoebe, "Sending ladybug hugs", inked bold words
- From Kate, "Birthday kisses and butterfly wishes", inked bold word
- Gave me "Sending butterfly hugs". It was inked with a Memento Cocoa Brown marker
- Put it through the Cuttlebug with the next to smallest of the same die set
- Sponged the edges the same as the large die cut and then the outside edges too
- Added some Glossy Accents with Glamour Dust and Viva Decor Bronze around that in the corner attached with as glue dot.
- Mounted Sketchy Flowers on Mega Mount
- Inked with Brilliance Coffee Bean and stamped on white cardstock.
- Mounted image near one corner of stamped background with 5/8 of an inch border on top and left side
- Used Magic Matter 1/2" disk around entire die cut with image and trimmed
- Used Magic Matter 1/8" disk around stamped background mounted on Bronze metallic text weight paper and trimmed
- Mounted image with die cut on top
- mounted May Arts ribbon as shown
- Folded 8.5X11" white cardstock in half
- Mounted image along fold and trimmed around for card
- Added bow done with Bow-Easy
- Used leftovers from Bronze metallic and Background cardstock for inside top part of card
Hope you liked my card and I can't wait to get around to looking at yours. It has been a while!!! See you on your blog....:-) Thanks for stopping by to look and say hi!!