Saturday, March 14, 2009

Some Wonderful Eye Candy

Norma Davenport, my TJ friend who lives in AL, sent me this beautiful card for my birthday! She just had shoulder surgery not too long ago and she is sending me the card, and a gorgeous card at that. She used a Cuttlebug embossing folder for the 4 embossed areas and punches for the leaves. The dogwood flower is beautiful too. Thank you so much Norma for making my birthday even more special. I celebrate all year long. :-)

This next piece of eye candy is also blog candy from a fellow blogger, Heather Fullerton, on Enchanted Stamping. If you haven't been to her blog you need to get on over there. She makes the most beautiful cards and is such an artist.

I believe this stamp is Butterfly - Stamp Zia . If you haven't seen her site, check it out. There is something for everybody. All of the images are embossed with and a gold embossing powder. She has mounted a really good sized eyelet on the top. Then she created a beautifully wired clear blue pebble, threaded it with a blue ribbon and the flower. She mounted that through the hole using ribbon as a wrap around knot. And there you have it. A gorgeous piece and I am going to hang it. I haven't decided whether to frame it or not yet. Thank you, Heather.

And thank you all for stopping by 'the blog'.

 

 Shirley

 

22 comments:

friedmsw said...

Gorgeous! Absolutely gorgeous! I am not nearly to this level yet. Yet, that is a goal! I am going to visit that blog.

Regina

craftimamma said...

What beautiful cards your friends send you Shirley. These are both fabulous and I bet they made your day feel really special.

Lesley Xx

Theresa Momber said...

Shirley, you receive the most beautiful cards. These are lovely!

Ann said...

Wow, these are stunning! You're a lucky lady to receive such gems!

Carly said...

Beautiful cards Shirley!!

Lyn S said...

Lucky you Shirley! You have some very talented friends, the cards are gorgeous!

6 wacky women said...

Gorgeous cards from your friends, Shirley. Love the color of the butterfly, beautiful!

Karen x

Jessica Diedrich said...

Wow! What beautiful cards you were given-just gorgeous! That butterfly card is absolutely a stunning piece of art! I'll haev to check out Heather's blog! thanks!

bsgstamps4fun: Barb Gault said...

How luck you are to have received these beautiful cards.
Wonderful talent.

Orion Designs said...

Lovely cards and happy belated birthday!
Vicki

retiredheather said...

Thanks so much for showcasing my butterfly. I feel so grateful to have such a wonderful blog friend. I mean what the art says...You are my Inspiration. Thanks for all your encouragement and faithful comments. They mean so much.
Hugs
Heather

Stamping Cafe said...

Wow, these are simply stunning!! You are one lucky lady!

Tania said...

Happy belated Birthday, you're so lucky to receive these works of art-Tania

Curt in Indy said...

WOW, these are beautiful! HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY!!! I sure hope you had a wonderful day. Sorry I missed it! Best, Curt

Anonymous said...

What beautiful creations your friends sent you!! I hope your birthday was wonderful!! Have a great day friend!! :) TFS!

Anonymous said...

awesome eye candy Shirley and I just love your tulip card, wowsers!

Elena said...

Wow! These cards are wonderful!

Tammi said...

Wow, lucky you, both stunning!

Teresa said...

Gorgeous cards- and well deserved as you are so generous yourself!

Anonymous said...

How lucky of you! These are just gorgeous!

Stamp and Smile said...

Just PRICELESS! Such elegant cards for such a "lovely person" who always has her SMILE on!! Shirley you are a dear and have such AWESOME TALENT...

Happy Belate Birthday!!! Hugs... :) Michelle

fishlips said...

I have so missed viewing all your wonderful creations you have such a fantastic and uique style that shines through on each and every card you make....They all just leave me speachless most of the time you always just amaze me so Shirley!!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...