Saturday, November 15, 2008

Geography, Social Studies And A Wonderful Little Boy

Last night I was blog hopping for a few minutes and found this wonderful blog where a little boy and his sister, Pravan and Priyasha, are collecting post cards or cards from all over the world. When Pravan receives them he takes them to school and shares the information from that part of the world with his classmates. The next thing I noticed was that they live where I had lived all my life until 6 years ago, Reno, NV. The mother's name is Easperee. She is from South Africa and her husband is from the United States. How wonderful for her children that she is so supportive in their interest to learn all about the world around them.

I have always loved to learn about different cultures. So when I learned Esperee's son also wanted to know more, I asked her if I could post how to contact them on my blog and maybe help him out a little. She was very agreeable to the idea. Here is her blog for more information.

Now I am going to go back and try to find what I was looking for when I found this. (Smile) Thanks for stopping by 'the blog' to look and share.

 

 Shirley

 

7 comments:

Maria Matter said...

Glad you're posting again, cards or life, it's just nice to know your here!
I'm going to check out this site, as homeschoolers we are always on the lookout for fun ways to connect with others!
Blessings to you, Maria

Jessica Diedrich said...

What a cool idea...if I can send a card or two let me know...that sounds so interesting!

Sharon Caudle said...

Oh how fun and educational! And they're right here in town with me! And how interesting to know that up until just a few years ago, we lived in the same city! That is very kind of you to link them to your blog Shirley!

Jami said...

Hi Shirley!! I'm so glad you stopped by my blog so I knew to hop over to yours!! What a fantastic blog you have, and I'm so happy you are sharing Easperee's post card link as well!! Off to see more of your posts...
hugs, Jami

Elena said...

I just send two cards to them!!!

Connie Fossenier said...

Shirley she has a very interesting blog...and off to read more.
Very dedicated to her children's education.
connie paxman

Orion Designs said...

*runs off to find a postcard* ....

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...