Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Last Summer Fields or Halloween Too!

This was my first try at a Zindorf and I didn't like it at all at the time, but then when I was trying to find a background for another card.............well, you know what can happen. I found the Cuttlebug folder used behind the image in my box and thought wow, that would go with that image I didn't like. Duh!!!
The image is Summer Fields by Impression-Obsession and was stamped with Brilliance Galaxy Gold on Neenah Classic Crest Solar White Super Smooth 80lb cover cardstock, heat embossed, then painted with Twinkling H2O's Orange Peel, Fern, Sweet Alfalfa, Icicles, and Lemon Yell0w. I went over the daisies, jack-o-lanterns, stars, and moon with my Ranger Bullet Perfect Pen, added Clear Embossing Powder and heat embossed, like Michelle Zindorf. She uses a Versamark pen. This was done to protect the images when the sky was brayered.
The sky was created using SU Night of Navy, Brilliant Blue, and Ballet Blue Classic inks. I wasn't really happy with the results so I tried adding a little watercolor to the moon. I also didn't like the way the grass area looked so I went over it with a Green Sharpie and liked the result.
To finish the image Stickles Yellow glitter glue was added to the fireflies, eyes of the jack-o-lanterns to me (remember my last card using this stamp). Stickles Diamonds was added to the little flowers below the daisies in the grass, and Stickles Orange Peel was added to the centers of the daisies. Glossy Accents was used over the daisies and the fire flies.
The background behind the image was done using the Cuttlebug Spots and Dots embossing folder and then dragging a Mica Magic Burnt Orange ink pad over the top. The cardstock behind that is Bazzill Bling. The ribbon is Michaels $1 bin. The beads are Czech 5mm Topaz glass hearts with Stickles Yellow glitter glue applied. The dots on the White cardstock are Gelly Roll Stardust Marine and the dots on the Bazzill Bling are White Signo Uni-ball pen.
Thanks for stopping by the blog to look and share!!

 

 Shirley

 

16 comments:

Laura (scrapnextras) said...

Shirley, this is fabulous...I hope you like it now! Beautiful night scene and I love the moon. You are way ahead of me in trying Michelle's techniques. I sit and drool but I haven't lifted my brayer yet!!

Shelly said...

This is cool Shirley, funny how things come together when we cast them aside sometimes.

Unknown said...

Ваша открытка очень мне понравилась. Нестандартное применение пуговиц оказалось вполне гармоничным.

The Country Rose said...

This is an awesome card! It reminds me of 'Starry Night' by Van Gogh. Your Cuttlebug folder is perfect for this :D !

~Barb

Teresa said...

BEAUTIFUL!!!!!

Maria Matter said...

I absolutely love this! Look how the clouds are moving over the moon! This looks like a lovely field where I could lay out on a blanket and count the stars! Perfect!
Blessings, Maria

Anonymous said...

You did an awesome job Shirley. She is hard to case! Thanks for stopping by to visit. You asked about the dots. I use the white gel pens from Stampin Up. Works like a charm!

Denise Marzec said...

Wow, reeeeeeeally pretty!!

Deb Neerman said...

WAAAAAY kewl!! LOVE it!

Carolyn King said...

very pretty--love your sky! Great job!

Cheryl said...

Shirley for not liking a card I think it turned out wonderful. I wonder what it would look like if you really did like it ;-)

Cindy Haffner said...

Wow so pretty, awesome work.

Anonymous said...

This is such a cool card! And I LOVE your moon!! Just the perfect touch of watercolor gives a fabulous effect to it.

Becky G said...

Love your scene! The colors are amazing and bold and I love the way the grass looks. You did Michelle proud!

Donna said...

Well, this certainly isn't a Zindorf...it's an original Shirley Ross, and I love it! You should fool around with this style some more!

Kerry D-C said...

this is absolutely STUNNING!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...