Tuesday, November 10, 2009

When It Rains


Plant flowers! So here is my card for today. The image is another one from Hero Arts. It is called Thank You and comes as a cling stamp.

  1. It was stamped with Brillance Galaxy Gold on Neenah Solar White. It was painted with Twinkling H2O's Dreamsicle and Olive Vine. I layered the flowers by stamping just the areas I wanted and then cutting and mounting. The buds on top look like Dew Drops, but are really tiny glass vase gems. You get a huge bag of clear ones for $3-$4. Like the ones HERE. You can used them over color, like I did here, or your can painted them with Sharpies or Alcohol Inks. The bottom left hand buds are Glossy Accents. The middle of the flowers are Mark Richards Pearls.

  2. The next layer down was done using a Neenah Solar White 4.25"X5.5". The left- and right-hand top corners were embossed in the Cuttlebug using Anja Corner Template FE 6124. An Xact0-Knife was used to cut out the areas as shown. Next the bottom was punched using Fiskars All-A-Fleur Border Punch. It embosses a little area above the punched image.

  3. Between the corners and the bottom I used the Dotted Swiss tiny folder from Cuttlebug's Just My Type. It was just a perfect fit as you can see. It was then mounted on SU Almost Apricot I think.

  4. The front was mounted on that and then on a folded piece of Neenah Solar White. The ribbon is from Michael's and tied with the Bow-Easy.

Supplies:

  • Stamp - Hero Arts Thank You - CG115
  • Inks - Brilliance Galaxy Gold, Twinkling H2O's Dreamsicle and Olive Vine
  • Paper - Neenah Classic Crest Solar White and SU Almost Apricot
  • Accessories - Niji Waterbrush, Mark Richards 2 and 5mm pearls, Mini Clear Glass Gems, Anja Corner Template FE 6124, Fiskars All-A-Fleur Border Punch, Michaels Ribbon, Cuttlebug Just My Type Embossing Folders, Bow-Easy

Thanks for stamping by to look and share! I've been out of town and checking to make sure things post on the dates I chose. It's been a little tricky. LOLOL

 

 Shirley

 

28 comments:

Jackie said...

WOW! I thought that was a Spellbinders die until I read the description - you cut that out???? It's stunning!

Sharon said...

Shirley-this is gorgeous!! So beautiful and I love the colors!

Cheryl said...

Simply beautiful Shirley! Elegance for sure.

Suzanne C said...

This is stunning! I love the colors on this! Just what is needed on a gloomy cold fall day!

Curt in Indy said...

The detailing on this card is stunning! Gorgeous color scheme and so many beautiful layers and textures. Great card! Best, Curt

Jessica Diedrich said...

Wow Shirley this is SO pretty! Love the colors and the layout is just beautiful!

Cindy Haffner said...

Very pretty!!

Helena (Gvendalen) said...

O! Gorgeous card! I love colors and layout.
Have a great day

Elena said...

Stunning card, Shirley! I love the beautiful layout!

Cat Tidwell said...

so gorgeous Shirley! I always love all the details you put into your creations!

Maria Matter said...

holey moley Shirley, the details on this baby definitely merit a WOW!!!!!
GORGEOUS!!!!!
great color too!

When it rains...plant flowers! Now that's a life lesson, isn't it! :)
Have a super duper day!!!
Hugs & Blessings, Maria

Art By Wanda said...

Hi Shirley!! This is a beautiful card!! I get your blog updates via email and don't always have time to comment... just thought I should make it here so you knew I still love seeing your stuff.

Mrs Mac said...

Gorgeous!

I'm looking forward to getting back to doing some crafting. My life has been turned upside down this last week or so! Being able to sit and craft and relax all seems a lifetime away! Hey ho! I have enjoyed browsing your creations. It's been a nice break to sit an explore your blog =)

Melisa Waldorf said...

Shirley that corner template is GORGEOUS! I had never seen those before! Beautifully done!!

6 wacky women said...

Gorgeous card, Shirley
I just love the colour combo, your details are just fabulous!!

Karen x

Ila said...

Wow..this is just Beautiful Shirley!!..the colors and flowers are Gorgeous!!

I added an address to the Henry post on my site...a person from SCS is forwarding cards to the Anderson family....

http://artfullyila.blogspot.com/2009/11/sad-newsa-tree-for-henry.html

Anonymous said...

Wow Shirley, you just blew me away with this!!!! GEORGEOUS!

Unknown said...

Unbelievable! Your eye for detail always amazes me. It would take me over a week to make a card like that. It is just beautiful!

Crafting Queen said...

Wonderful card, love how you layered the image. Great job. Anesha

Vicki G said...

Wow!! Gorgeous, love all the lacy cut outs on your card and the pretty pretty colours!

Vicki

Michele Spera said...

oh shirley
what a beautiful card!! Love the colors, such a crisp looking card with the peach and white!! WOW:-) very nice job
hugs
michele

Deborah March said...

This is the prettiest card I've seen on your blog...a WOW card for sure!!

Sally said...

What an amazing card. Stunning.

Anonymous said...

WOWZER!! Shirley, this is just stunning!! So elegant and the colors are pretty!! HUGS

Connie Fossenier said...

Geeze Louise this is a beauty...what a lot of beautiful stencils on that link..again a lot of detail and hard work..this one should be framed..love the orange and white..combo
connie paxman

Tammi said...

Whoa, this is a stunner! Your using things I haven't seen before, just gorgeous!

Unknown said...

Необыкновенно радостные цвета! Отличная открытка для поднятия настроения в осенний день!

Etha said...

Such a beautiful color combo!! I'll have to remember this one.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...