Friday, February 6, 2009

My first BD Card From Down Under


I have a TJ friend, Denise Taylor from New Zealand, who just sent me my first birthday card this year. It is so elegant and gorgeous! I hope you will click on it to see all of her detailed work on it. My birthday isn't until February 12, but I couldn't wait. Yep, Pres. Obama and I have someone in common. :-)

What doesn't show are the beautiful specs of deep bluish pink glitter on and about the stamens. The Lillies are gorgeous and she trimmed around them as you can see and mounted them separately. The White background is Cuttlebug embossed using the folder from Combo Love Language . The circle was cut using a die and then mounted on a separate background. That background was first brayered with Gesso and then embossed with Cuttlebug embossing folder Perfectly Paisley. After that it looks like she did Grid lines using a Scor-Pal or Scor-It. How lovely and then look at those beautiful rhinestones. The colors she chose are spectacular together.

I love my card, Denise! Thank you so much dear friend.

Thanks for stopping by 'the blog' to look and share! All of your comments and suggestions mean so much to me.

 

 Shirley

 

25 comments:

craftimamma said...

Wow, lucky you Shirley. This is one beautiful card and the patience Denise must have, not to mention skill with a craft knife, to cut out all those intricate little bits from around the stems.

Lesley Xx

Cindy Haffner said...

Shirley this is so pretty, I love the way you did that background.

Sharon said...

Ha...now I know your birthday!! It maybe too late to get you this year but I will have it for next. Happy birthday Shirley!! (little early). I will have to get your addy...
This is a beautiful card!!

Cheryl said...

Shirley that is Beautiful! I would love a birthday card like that also. Denise does wonderful work. I love her embossing.

Lyn S said...

Lucky you Shirley, the card is just lovely!

Happy birthday for the 12th!

Norine said...

what a pretty card
Happy Birthday for the 12th LOL
Hugs
Norine

akkina van steen said...

Shirley that is Beautiful,love the embossing
hugs Akkina xxx

Helena (Gvendalen) said...

It's lovely card! I love this image and coloring.

Unknown said...

Ширли, Ваши цветы на этой изумительной открытке бесподобны!

Ayelet {Jenny} said...

Lucky lady! what beautiful card! and happy Birthday for the 12th!
{Hugs}

Becky G said...

What a beautiful card! So nice of her to send it! Happy Birthday to you early!

Hugs~Becky

Elena said...

Gorgeous card!!! Love all the texture! I am so glad, Shirley, that you have a wonderful friend!

LINDA said...

What a Beautiful BD card..Happy Birthday to you on the 12th. Hope you have a wonderful day.Hugs Linda

bsgstamps4fun: Barb Gault said...

Beautiful card! HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY, Shirley! I don't have your address so this will have to do!

Thanks for all your help with my blog, hope to get the email on there this weekend... so busy!

Hugs!

Theresa Momber said...

What a gorgeous card to receive! Happy Early Birthday!

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful card!! What fun to receive from a friend!! :) Hope you have a lovely birthday friend!!

friedmsw said...

Absolutely gorgeous!!

Happy Birthday, Shirley!

Curt in Indy said...

Gorgeous card! I wish you the happiest of birthdays and many, many more to come! Best, Curt

Helena (Gvendalen) said...

Shirley, Have left you something on my card blog!! Go see!

Tammi said...

What a beautiful card to receive...wishing you a wonderful birthday! ~Hugs

Deb Neerman said...

This is just gorgeous! How sweet or Denise to send this work of art to you!!

Happy early birthday wishes to you!!!

Joan Ervin said...

WOW, what a beautiful card and all the way from down under!!! Happy Birthday, Shirley!!!

Joan Ervin said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anne said...

Happy birthday for THursday :)

Stamping Cafe said...

Beautiful card! Happy birthday for Thursday! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...