First you have to know how to get to where your choices for comments are located.
- Go to Dashboard Tab
- Click on Settings Tab
- Click on Comments
- FULL PAGE - When you choose this one All Of The Posts Show Up On A Page Together, and you cannot view the post itself. It either replaces the blog page with the post totally or pops up in a new tab. A time waster for the commenter having to go back and forth.
- POP UP WINDOW - A separate smaller window pops up for your post, and it can be moved along side the image to view while you are commenting about it.
- EMBEDDED BELOW THE POST - The post with image has all of the comments posted below it. If there are a ton of posts you have to go back and forth from the bottom to the top to view the image while commenting about it. A time waster for a commenter who is in a hurry.
Move on down the page to Comment Form Message. A place to post a brief message for commenters. Something like thank you for taking time to leave a comment. It appears above the area where the comment is posted.
The next two items are where you decide how easy you are going to make it for your visitor and yourself. You should choose ONE of these, NOT BOTH or NONE at all, by entering NO on each one. I will explain each and why:
- The first one is Comment Moderation lets you decide whether or not you are going to approve EVERY post. If you choose Always or Only posts older than (number) days, and it won't show up in the comments area until you approve it. BTW - This is the way that Challenge organizers prefer you choose when you participate in their challenges. If you choose this one you need to be sure to leave your email address in the next area so you can be notified .
- The next and second choice is Show Word Verification For Comments. Many commenters do not like this one because it is time consuming. Challenge organizers do not like this one and sometimes will not comment because of the time to do so.
- If you choose NO on each choice, Google tries to catch Spam, etc. by entering it in the Spam area of your main COMMENTS TAB. You are advised to check this weekly if you choose neither of the above.
I hope I have helped some of you decide what is best for you and your followers. If not, maybe watching the polls above to see how people are answering will help you with the decision. :-) If you have questions about the above or other areas, please ask. Hope your weekend is turning out great! Off to finish a card! Thanks for stopping by to look and share.