The image was stamped with Brilliance Galaxy Gold on 2 pieces of Neenah Classic Crest Solar White CS and then heat set with a heat gun. They were painted with Twinkling H2O's Dreamsicle, Olive Vine, Sweet Thistle, and Warm Pecan (wash to shade background). I trimmed around the best image and mounted over the other one with pop dots. That whole image with background was mounted on a scrap piece of Bazzill Clover Leaf Dotted Swiss. I trimmed around that with scissors, leaving about a quarter inch, letting the edge of the mounted image decide were to cut.
The greeting plaque was stamped by using a dauber for that piece of the stamp. Then it was trimmed around and mounted using ATG 1/4" tape. The faux brads are bead caps I flattened with a bead crimp tool. They were mounted using pieces of ATG tape and Mark Richards 2MM pearl stickers were mounted on top using Glossy Accents.
The white matte is Neenah Classic Crest Solar White text weight paper created using Martha Stewart's Eyelet Lace Around The Page punches. The image was mounted on top as shown.
To create the background mattes I ran a piece of SU Apricot Appeal through my Cuttlebug using the dots embossing folder from Just My Type around the edges. I mounted another piece of Bazzill Clover Leaf Dotted Swiss that had the corners punched using the Eyelet Corner Punch.
I really like the SU small slot punch, but it doesn't reach far enough, so I punched out a 'slot' with it and then drew the slots on my CS where I wanted to put my ribbon through. Then I used my X-Acto knife to cut them out. Didn't take that long at all.
I mounted May Arts ribbon and used the Bow-Easy to create the bow. I glued Mark Richards 2MM and 5MM to the eyelets and corners of the Dotted Swiss cardstock as shown, using Glossy Accents. What you see next to the card is the corner of the handmade envelope stamped with the bud image. Below you can see what I did with the envelope's flap edge and also the image stamped and painted inside the card.
Stamp: Stampassions: Summer Thyme Bouquet by Shara Reiner.
Paper: Neenah Classic Crest Solar White Super Smooth 80lb. cardstock and text weight for the punched edges, Bazzil Bling, Stampin' Up and Anna Griffin.
Inks: Brilliance Galaxy Gold, Twinkling H2O's Cherry Sorbet, Heavenly White, Orange Peel, Dreamsicle, Cool Waters
Accessories: Glossy Accents; Deco Art Glamour Dust; 1/8" pop dots, Heart button, Mark Richards 2mm pearl stickers, Martha Stewart Double Loops Punch Set and EK Success Paper Shaper Butterfly punch.
You should also take at look at the wonderful cards that the IO DT did and the other cards the customers are entering for a chance at the $25 Gift Certificate. See the IO DT cards at their blogs below:
First take a look at the Design Team's creations:
$25 Gift Certificate by going HERE. For those of you who are new to IO Blog Challenges, follow the guidelines below and you too can get a chance to win the $25 Gift Certificate for free stamps of your choice in IO's online store:
- Challenges are held the First and Third Thursdays of each month, unless otherwise noted.
- Please use at least one Impression Obsession stamp.
- Please provide the name(s) and/or stamp number(s) of IO stamps only with your email to me. If you have a problem finding this information, sometimes I can help.
- Let me know if you want me to post on the IO blog, using only your blog with hyper-link, or both, etc.
- Entries will be accepted until that Saturday 9 p.m. Eastern Standard Time.
- Email your entry to me using the Email Shirley link provided near the top of the second sidebar to the right on the IO blog.
- All participants' cards will be posted the way you choose the day they are entered.
- Cards with only all IO Stamps will permanently be added to the IO Customer Album in the very next sidebar over.
- ALL participants in the current challenge will be entered in the drawing for the Impression Obsession $25 Gift Certificate. We use Random.org to select the winner.
- It is for use at our ONLINE STORE.