I lucked out when the challenge was changed to Winter. My Shaker Card was a Winter image!! As you can see it is Impression-Obsession Alesa Baker's A Star Is Born - E8311.
1. The image was stamped with Brilliance Galaxy Gold. It was painted with Twinkling H2O's Cool Waters, Plum Blossom, and Sweet Alfalfa. The eyes and coal buttons are 2mm Black Onyx flatback rhinestones. The mouths are Black Sharpie with Glossy Accents applied. The star is Stickles Yellow glitter glue dried and then Glossy Accents applied. A Quickie Glue Pen was used with DecoArt Glamour Dust to highlight the snow people and ground.
2. A Large Circle Shake-It Pouch™ was used after placing a mix of small white AB sequins and some white, pearl, and clear bead mix in the middle. I trimmed around the edge.
3. A piece of Bazzill Bling Infatuation cardstock was put through the Cuttlebug using the Spellbinders next the largest Large Scalloped Circle Die. The die was then embossed to bring out the scallops. The center was cut out using the 3" circle from a circles template I have. It was mounted over the top. Pearl stickers were added as shown.
4. The background is Impression-Obession Cover-a-Card™ Criss Cross CC005 stamped with Brilliance Galaxy Gold ink. It was heat embossed mount sooner without smudging. It raises up a little and almost feels embossed. It was trimmed to 3.75"X5.0" and mounted on 4.25"X5.5" Bazzill Infatuation cardstock. The leftovers were used inside the card.
5. The image was mounted as shown. The May Arts ribbon was mounted and a glue dot was used to join them a little below the middle of the card. The triple bow was done with the bow easy and the Snowflake charm, by Fanciful Inc., was mounted with the Bow-Easy. When I brought the ribbon from the back to the front, I also threaded it through the snowflake charm and then under to the back and then completed as always. It was mounted with large glue dots to the ribbon as shown. Mark Richards 2mm pearls were mounted as shown.
Image: Impression-Obsession - A Star Is Born - E8311 and Cover-a-Card™ Criss Cross CC005
Paper: Neenah Classic Crest Solar White Super Smooth cardstock, Bazzill Infatuation.
Inks: Brilliance Galaxy Gold, Twinkling H2O's Cool Waters, Plum Blossom, and Sweet Alfalfa, Sharpie Black
Accessories: Impression-Obsession Large Circle Shake-It Pouch™, Spellbinders Large Scalloped Edge Circles, Blue Moon Treasure Bead Mix, Sakura Quickie Glue Pen, Mark Richards 2mm and 5mm pearls, May Arts Ribbon, 2mm Black Onyx flatback rhinestones.
There is already one participant in our challenge and it's on the IO blog right now, so get busy with those Winter cards everyone. There is another $25 Gift Certificate to be won a lucky entry. Also don't forget to check out the IO DT member blogs below:
- Daniela Dobson
- Laura Fulcher
- Jenny Gropp
- Dina Kowal More candy for you HERE
- Kathy Menzies
- Shirley Ross
- Jeanne Streiff