1. The image, Victorian Bird, by Impression-Obsession, was stamped with a Color Box Black pigment ink pad and embossed with Clear Embossing Powder.
2. The image was painted with Twinkling H2O's and a Duncan Black Glitter writer was used for the legs and beak. I couldn't find any Duncan writer's online that were black. A little Glossy Accents was added to the eye. Mark Richards Crystal Stickers 2mm Black Onyx Rhinestones were added to the wings as shown. If you click on the image they are easier to see.Tip for new stampers - The reason I used Clear EP instead of Black is because when embossing with colored embossing powders there is more chance of pieces of the powder flying and attaching to other pieces of the cardstock leaving specks. It is advised you use an Embossing Buddy or baby or talc powder, before stamping and using the colored embossing powder, so it doesn't attach. It has not worked real well for me, so when I can I use Clear EP with colored pigment inks. When I can't I use a fine art brush to brush away any specks of colored EP.
3. A Royal 3/8" Soft Grip SG 730 was used for the grass.
4. The scalloped edge was added by laying a piece of cardstock punched with Martha Stewart's Doily Lace Edge down the side and then using a paper piercer in the upper holes.
5. Stampin' Up Green Galore cardstock was used as a matte behind the bird. Martha Stewart's Doily Lace Edge Border Punch was used first. I eyed the center here and also with the white CS below. Then after they were punched I lined them up as shown.
6. Neenah Classic Crest Solar White Cardstock was embossed with Cuttlebug Textile Textures embossing folder.
7. The last matte is again the Stampin' Up Green Galore.The cardstock was placed in the folder so just the edge touched the edge of the embossed area on the left when in the folder, leaving more area that wasn't embossed to the right. Martha Stewart's Doily Lace Edge border punch was used on the edge that wasn't embossed.
8. All of the holes in the lace areas were filled with with the Duncan Black Glitter Writer and allowed to dry.
9. The left hand corners of the layers, with the exception of the bottom one, were punched with Stampin' Up's Ticket Corner Punch.
10. Black Onyx 4mm rhinestones were added with glue to each left corner. The right side looked empty so:
11. May Arts layered Ribbon was added down the middle on the right side. Now the left upper corner looked empty so:
12. May Arts layered ribbon was added there. That still looked kind of stark so:
13. The May Arts Dotted Swiss was folded in 2 pieces to a heart shape and an EK Success Black Onyx Precious Finds Adhesive Gem was placed in the middle. I couldn't find any Black online for a referral.
14. It still looked kind of empty so the words 'For You' by Paper Salon were added with StazOn Jet Black ink.
And that's all there was to it~~~ LOLOLOL.
I need to take a moment to thank you all for your online friendship, comments, and art. It is an honor to talk and share with all of you. I hope you had a wonderful Christmas season and wishing you a Happy, Healthy New Year. Thanks for stopping by 'the blog' to look and share.