Thursday, October 23, 2008

Google Commenting Made Easier

I went to another Blogger's site and when I went to comment, a page with the card right above the comments popped up, just like on Typepad, etc. So here is how you do it. As Deb would say, 'Easy Peasy'.

Commenting made easier as of October 22, 2008. This feature puts the comment form at the bottom of each post page, below the comments, instead of on the separate, Blogger-styled page.

To enable the embedded comment form for your blog, go to:
1. Your Dashboard
2. Click on Settings
3. Click on Comments
4. Go down to Comment Form Placement Setting
5. Click on Embedded before post
6. Go to the bottom of the page and click on Save Your Settings

and you are done. The good of this is you can look at the post images by rolling your cursor up. It may not be as fast on those blogs where there are tons of posts, but I think I am going to love it. Google has made it the default setting on all new blogs, but you can easily change that if you want to do so.

Just thought you should know. I think I better start getting Google Blog updates in a feed. Thanks for stopping by the blog to look and share.

 

 Shirley

 

15 comments:

Cheryl said...

Thanks for another awesome tip Shirley! I'll check it out and see if that is the way for me to go.

Christine (All She Crafts) said...

I think I understood all that!! lol.. and I guess this is the result! :o)

It's a bit like with the previous style, opting to have comments as a pop-up window instead of whole page, so you could still see the post you're commenting on.

Similar benefit with this, but I think you're right.. this will be useful unless there are hundreds of comments before yours to scroll through if you want to check something on the post... like with some of the popular challenge blogs.

Think I will change mine to this format though, so thanks for that, Shirley!

hugs,
Chris xx

Jackie said...

Hi Shirley, I just tried that and it doesn't work on my blog. Maybe it is just for certain templates. I have seen it on other blogs as well and I wish it did work on mine!

Chris Scrappin and Stampin in Texas said...

Isn't it great!! Love this feature too!

Chris Scrappin and Stampin in Texas said...

I just noticed though, it does not show our photos..oh well I need to update mine anyhow

Theresa Momber said...

Great tip, Shirley! I hadn't heard this one. I love being able to scroll through and see what I am commenting on.

Unknown said...

Ширли, благодарю!

Teresa said...

Thanks for the tip- I'm off to reset my blog!

Jessica Diedrich said...

I totally just did this..you rock! Thank you!!!!

Suzanne C said...

Thanks for the tips... Shirley!

Dina Kowal Creative said...

thanks - I saw this one someone else's blog today and I loved it!

Maria Matter said...

Too kewl, thanks Shirley!

Lyn S said...

Thanks for this tip Shirley, I've now changed my settings to this! TFS.

Phree said...

Thanks for the tip, I had noticed the new way of commenting on other blogs and liked it. Changed mine now - or at least I hope I have.

Laura (scrapnextras) said...

Fabulous! I've been seeing this "new" version all over and I love it! I hate losing site of what I'm commenting on!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...