Friday, June 6, 2008

Art Deco Natural Humming Bird

The image, Hummingbird, is one of several beautiful stamps I bought from I Brake for Stamps. I swear Della, the owner, has something for everyone, and you always get at least one free stamp. The Hummingbird was stamped with Brilliance Galaxy Gold and painted with Twinkling H2O's. I highlighted the centers of the daisies and the lily with Rangers Stickles Yellow glitter glue. (I found the colors for the hummingbird on Google under photos of hummingbirds. This one lives in Central America.) The circular frame was done using a template, with no name of the company who makes it, on Black Glossy cardstock. *Tip 1 (The edges of black glossy are white and can show and look awkward to me. I run a thick black Sharpie around the circle with my right hand, while I hold it in my left hand. I did the same thing with the black glossy cardstock behind the background.)

The back ground was done with the 5 leftover templates from Cuttlebug 2X6" Floral Borders. I still have the white die cuts to use on another card. That's kind of backward, but it worked here. Ha! I taped the left over stencils together, taped them to a 4.25X5.5" piece of Stampin' Up Very Vanilla cardstock. I used my sponge brayer to cover the stencils with Brilliance Lightening Black. The heat gun was used to dry the ink before removing the tape and the stencil. It was then mounted on the Black Glossy cardstock. The upper left hand corner was done with EK Success Large Rounder Corner Adorner.

The circle for the word is Very Vanilla cardstock using the same template. I created the mat around it with the 1/8" metal disc from my "Magic Matter" from Puzzle Mates Designs. By the way, their price is high based on other sites that sell their product. It pays to "Google". The word is from the Word I Plate from Rubber Stamp Tapestry. The rhinestone accents are from Mark Richards Crystal Stickers Elements. I buy mine at A Cherry On Top or their sister online store, Stickers Galore.
TIP 2 - Now for the ribbon. I didn't have any ribbon that seemed to be the right color of green, fuchsia, yellow, etc. Well, I painted my white $1 bin Michaels ribbon with the same color I used for the pink lily, Twinkling H2O Jasmine. Ha! I wondered if it would work and it was so easy. I used one of my big tipped Niji waterbrushes. It only took it about 20 minutes to dry. I think it looks pretty good. If you already knew this, good for you and now good for me too!!!
I want to thank you for stopping by "the blog".




No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...