Sunday, April 20, 2014

A Belle Flower Hello!



BIG BOLD BACKGROUND BELLE FLOWERS



Okay, so the minute I see a background stamp with distinct image, I often think how I can also use them for the inside and envelope.  I am sure because when I was growing up the insides of cards always matched the outside and sometimes even the envelope too.  So when I saw Chocolate Baroque's Belle Flowers that's exactly what I pictured.

IMAGE:
  1. Stamped Big Bold Background Belle Flowers with Golden Glitz on white cardstock twice.  Once for cardfront and once for inside and envy.  Painted with Twinkling H2O's.  Used AtYou Lipstick around the pink flower.  Embellished with Viva pens and Stickles glitter glues shown in supplies below.
  2. Trimmed BG to 5 1/8" square and Mounted on piece 5.25" piece of Phoenix cardstock.

DIE CUTS:
  1. Die Cut the 'hello' sentiment using white cardstock.
  2. Die cut sentiment tag from Polka Dots long narrow die using the red Phoenix cardstock.
  3. Mounted 'hello' on red die cut.  Ran gold cord through holes on red die cut and attached to back.  Tied bow.  I didn't want to cover any of that wonderful Belle Flower background!!
  4. Added Maya Road white pearl pen and Viva Bronze glitter pen dots too.

INSIDE AND ENVY:
  1. Fussy cut pieces of the second background for inside and envy as shown.
  2. Used X-acto knife to separate cardstock so I could peel the images for the envelope and inside.
  3. Attached trim form the largest Polka Dot die to top and bottom as shown.  Attached images to inside and envy with Glossy Accents from my needle-nosed bottle.
  4. Hints about bottle.  (I keep the bottle on its side so the needle part hardly ever gets clogged.  When it does I use long fine bead needle to unclog it.)  *Hint - When I flattened flowers sometimes the GA gets on the cardstock.  It comes right off any paper or cardstock with the non-abrasive Pentel eraser shown in my supplies.
That's it for today.  I am off to get my box for the winner of the blog candy ready to mail and to address the card and color page images ready to mail to Lauryn!  I want to thank all of you for your contributions of cards and/or donations.  Big hugs!  Thanks for stopping by to look and share!!


 Shirley

SUPPLIES:

29 comments:

Greta said...

How beautiful, Shirley!

Diane said...

Wow Shirley, what a stunning design. Gosh the colors and pattern are wonderful.

Hugs Diane

Benzi said...

Shirley, this a stunning card. I love the coloring. The inside, though not as many pretty flowers, is just as beautiful. And, how special for someone to receive a card in a matching envelope.

Patti J said...

Beautiful card, Shirley! And girl, the inside is totally pretty enough to be the outside! Thanks for the inspiration! Hugs, and have a great week!

Lee-Anne said...

Absolutely gorgeous...bet those flowers just sparkle with the H20s and Stickles! So, so pretty, Shirley!

Crafting Queen said...

Beautiful card,lovely colours. Happy Easter.

Beth Norman said...

Oh so lovely, Shirley. Your inside of your cards are always just as lovely on the inside. I like how you make matching envelopes too. Hope you had a Happy Easter. Hugs.

Helena (Gvendalen) said...

How beautiful, Shirley! And a matching envelope too.
hugs, Helena

jimlynn said...

Beautiful flowers and a simply gorgeous card! Love that you did the envelope too.
Lynn

Marie-Louise said...

Gorgeous card Shirley.

Canonbury creations said...

Loved how you've used this stamp Shirley and the attention to detail with the insert and the envelope is wonderful:)
Val x

Conniecrafter said...

So pretty, such lovely coloring of the flowers, you sure did a great job cutting them out too!
My glossy accents is forever clogging, I used a regular sewing pin to unclog it but I ended up putting a whole in the side of the top so it comes out the side instead of the top now. I did not know that about the eraser, great tip, I don't like when it leaves that glossy look when it happens to leak out from around whatever I am trying to glue on.
Thanks for the tips :)

Cara said...

I really love how you decorate the inside as well. Such a thoughtful touch!
Cara

Karen Amidon said...

Love your bell flower background...it reminds me of a beautiful fabric I once used! Wonderful color combination. Thanks for sharing your wealth of knowledge :)

Colleen Dietrich said...

How gorgeous is this?? It looks like patterned paper, but I know you took the time to make sure each flower is stamped in different colors. It's always evident how much detail you put into every one of your creations, Shirley. :)

Hope you had a great Easter!

Shona said...

This is so gorgeous, I've been back three times to see it! I love how you make everything match, it really makes your cards even more special.

Mary said...

What a gorgeous card. Very, very pretty. I hope Lauryn receives many cards. I sent one on Monday. How nice there are so many sharing crafters. Until next time...Hugs from Northern California...looking forward to seeing your desk! ;-)

Beebeebabs said...

Beautiful card as always - hope you had a great Easter!!!

Mary said...

Shirley...never? That's an awfully long time.... Hugs!

Bonnie said...

What gorgeous flowers, Shirley! WOW! And I love how you did the inside and envelope too!

Shelly Schmidt said...

Your card outside is beautiful- but LOVE what you did on the inside- and the envelope-so pretty!

Pat (mspfd) said...

The is phenomenal, Shirley. You created a gorgeous background. Love how you decorated the envelope and inside of the card. Your card is so beautiful inside and out. Fantastic colors and coloring.

Katie said...

Beautiful card! I like the colors, and the inside is wonderful! Great job! Thanks for sharing.

Katie B.

G Peplow said...

Beautiful card again Shirley, I think decorating the inside of a card is wonderful and so professional, love the bright colours you chose :D Have a great weekend, hugs Gay x

Sue Lelli said...

Absolutely GORGEOUS, Shirley, inside and out! Love the bright colorful flowers and your hello!

Donna Ellis said...

so glad you offered that little tidbit of blogger info, Shirley. the pop up windows are perfect for folks such as myself with cognitive dysfunction! LOL so we can view the card while saying what we like! Then again, maybe no one wants to hear what I think LOL

LOVE this bold background Belle Flowers image - looks very pretty in those wonderfully springy colors! Thank you for explaining how to make it, and for showing the inside of the card, which is nearly as pretty as the outside!

Happy week-end, Shirley!
hugs,
de

redwasher1 said...

WOW! Shirley, this is so beautiful and the inside is GORGEOUS!!!

Stamping With Bibiana said...

beautiful and so cheerful
bibiana

Sue Lelli said...

OMGosh I LOVE the matching inside and the envelope! GORGEOUS flower BG and I LOVE the hello!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...