Sunday, January 16, 2011

A Very Importatnt Message

First, I must tell you all thank you for your comments on my last post.  I do have 2 more cards on the way, but in the mean time I came across a more pressing need. 

I was blog surfing and came across someone who needs our help.  I was at JAK Heath's Creating Beautiful Things blog.  She is hosting a drive for funds to help Katie Emmerson Renz (a fellow stamper) of Bellingham, Washington.  Katie has been diagnosed with stage 4 Stomach Cancer and is currently undergoing her only option which is Chemotherapy. 

In addition to the drive for donating, JAK is offering a free digital download and online stores are providing prizes for a drawing.  Anyone who donates will also have their name put into the drawing once for each donation.  Each donation (£15) through the PayPal link on JAK's site is worth a little less than $25 US dollars.  If you are not into the digital or the drawing you can simply click on the PayPal link below.  You will probably still get an email from JAK for the digital and I would almost bet your name goes into the drawing too.

PayPal



Katie's blog is My Paper Haven.  Katie is married to Kevin with 3 beautiful boys.  The twins, age 5, are Nate and Will and Hunter is 10 years old.
 
I visited Katie's blog and was very impressed with how she is documenting her journey and how very courageous she is about sharing it.  My heart and soul goes out to her for her strength and to her family and their needs too during this difficult time.
 
I will be back soon.  Hope your weekend was great and that you have a super week to come.  We are having a "Color Purple Challenge" on the IO blog this next Thursday and you will definitely see me by then if not before.  Thanks for stopping by to look and share.

 Shirley

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...