Saturday, June 13, 2009

A Wonderful Surprise and A Very Thoughtful Gift

Oh how I wish I could tell you I made this, but I didn't. I received it in my mail box from 'Down Under' from my dear Technique Junkie friend, Denise Taylor. Isn't it beautiful. She made the background using the 'Double Bugging' technique from the June/July 2009 issue. Pat Huntoon, the owner, publishes a mailed newsletter with the steps and then has 'Step by Step Photo Tutorials' online for members too. She mails to people all over the world, as you can see. I need to try this. I hope you can all see how really beautiful and creative this card is. I love the colors and that is one of the best knots I have ever seen. The inside is as lovely as the outside too. Thank you so much Denise. I love it and so does my visitor.

We have been to see Lowes Motor Speedway (Racing Cars). Nearby was our most favorite spot, Concord Mills, a huge shopping mall, with more shopping nearby. We went to Lewisville, NC, to see a huge stamp and scrapbook store, the Enchanted Cottage. My friend isn't into stamping, but I can tell it's growing on her, NOT!!

Now for my next wonderful present. My blogging friend, Christina at Christina's Creations, gave me this award 2 weeks ago. Forgive me for being so late in posting and showing my appreciation for it. I have been in touch with Christina though and she and I both agree that you all should take it, share it, and pass it on. And don't forget to check out her beautiful blog. I love the look and also her gorgeous and creative cards too!

Thanks again, Christina. And thank you all for stopping by to look and share!!! We are 3" over our annual rainfall and between mowing my lawn and sightseeing between thunder bursts, flash flood warnings and going around flooded streets......yikes, we are having fun. Off to do a little shopping before the next storm this evening.

 

 Shirley

 

8 comments:

Debbie said...

Shirley, that is a beautiful card! sounds like you are having fun with your friend, and I am jealous that you have been to the enchanted cottage, it is one of my favorite places!

Cindy Haffner said...

What a pretty card!!!

Suzanne C said...

Lovely card! I am glad that you have your friend visiting! Enjoy!

Beth said...

Oh Shirley such a beautiful card your received from Denise she always does such gorgeous work and GF you know I think you deserve every award you receive.
Enjoy your friend who is visiting wish I could have gone to The Enchanted Cottage I hear it is awesome.

Theresa Momber said...

What a lovely card to receive! Beautiful!

Elena said...

The card you received is beautiful, Shirley!
So glad that you enjoy your time with friend and really sorry about the stormy weather...

Cheryl said...

Beautiful card Shirley! Denise does wonderful work. The colors fit right in for spring.

Vicki (basement stamper) said...

Beautiful!! Congrats on the award too!! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...