Monday, April 20, 2009

Old to Some - New to You

I had to clean my stamp area this weekend before I could do anything else! Do any of you out there make more than one of a card? I started making just one, then two went to 8 and then 6, then 4, then 3, and just this weekend I said only 2. Anyway, I had to finish up some cards I had posted, but hadn't finished their sisters yet.


So much for that. In cleaning up everything I came across a card you may not have seen and thought I would post it again. It was one of the first cards I posted on 'the blog'.

1. The flower is called "Victorian Rose" by Impression-Obsession. It was stamped with StazOn Jet Black ink and Twinkling H2O's Olive Vine and Plum Blossom were used to paint it.

2. Stickles Gold glitter glue was used to highlight here and there.

3. The very bottom background on Olive cardstock is done using "Large Flourish Three" by Impression-Obsession and Brilliance Galaxy Gold pigment ink.

4. The next layer on the left is Pinata Alcohol Inks Passion Purple, Lime and Rain Forest Green on Gold Mirror Board.

5. The Background on the right is done using part of a background technique from Technique Junkies called "Vanilla Double." The inks are Brilliance Moonlight White, SU Orchid Opulence, and VersaMark on Orchid Opulence cardstock.



6. The gold corners were created using Cuttlebug folder "Formal Squares" and Gold embossing foil.

7. The Eyelash Fringe is May Arts.

8. The heart charm embellishment is from Fancifuls Inc.. The gold cord I used to tie it in place is a leftover from SU Gold cord.
So this time I was more detailed. What else is new! Thanks for stopping by 'the blog' to look and share. See you soon!

 

 Shirley

 

34 comments:

Vicki (basement stamper) said...

WOW!! So gorgeous Shirley!! Just love the colors on this!! :) TFS!

Bouncy, Flouncy, Fun,Fun, Fun said...

Shirley, this is stunning! What a fabulous color contrast and that flower is absolutely divine!

Hugs~Becky

Cindy Haffner said...

Shirley this is so pretty, i love those colors.

Christina said...

oh wow, Shirley this card is beautiful. The colors so bright! I love it, purple is one of my favorite colors and this is gorgeous!

Carol said...

So pretty Shirley, and as with all your cards...so much detail! The colours look so well together and i haven't seen it before so it was a treat :)

Hugs
Carol x

bsgstamps4fun: Barb Gault said...

What a wonderful treasure you found hidden away, just lovely, tfs!

Penny Duncan Creations said...

Oh Shirley......A VERY beautiful card!!!!! So so pretty!!!!

Tammi said...

Shirley I hasn't seen this one before, oh my it's stunning! I'm in love with the colors, what a beauty this is! ~Hugs

Anesha said...

This is a stunning card! Love the colours. Have fun.
Anesha

Elena said...

Very beautiful, Shirley! Love the flower and colors! Gorgeous!

Oxana said...

WOW!!! SÅ beautiful!!!

LINDA said...

WOW!! This is simply Gorgeous.. Love it..
Hugs, Linda

Brenda said...

Shirley this is a beautiful card! Thank you for reposting it. I lvoe the colors you used.

Beth said...

Shirley don't know if I have seen this or not but if I have it was such a joy seeing it again beautiful.

Suzanne C said...

Beautiful! So glad you shared this, as some of us weren't here when you started blogging.

Shar said...

Really pretty! Love the design!

Deb Neerman said...

WoWzA, Shirley, this is gorgeous!!! Omigosh, it looks amazing ... such wonderful eye-candy!! LOVE it!

Lyn S said...

Just beautiful Shirley! I love the colour combo and the layout and stamps are so pretty!

Connie Paxman said...

Shirley this one rocks and I love the greens and lilacs...oh to Die For...
connie paxman

retiredheather said...

Now this just shows how very talented you are. Fantastic explanation on a beautiful card.
Hugs
Heather

mochamama said...

This is super georgeous Shirley!! Love the colors

Etha said...

oh gosh girl, you have a way with color!! love this combo, and the addition of the fuzzy thread, just delicious :)

Nancy Leimer said...

Shirley, lovely card. I really like the colors and texture.
Nancy L

6 wacky women said...

Gorgeous card, Shirley.
Love the image, the colors and papers are stunning!

Karen x

Ann said...

Shirley, this color combo is FAB!!!

Maria Matter said...

Hi Shirley!
Hope you are doing well! I wish spring would show itself and stay put, I'm tired of having cold toes!
This card is incredibly gorgeous! The colors are some of my favorites! but all these beautiful elements are outstanding! Very inspirational...I so want to try to make a gold foil corner, ideas are now running through my head!
Thank you for sharing your wonderful creations!
Blessings, Maria

chelemom said...

This is stunning!!!

Phree said...

Wonderful card Shirley, love the dramatic contrast in the colours and all the detail you have put into your creation.

stamps&cars said...

Hey!! I'm glad you found me too, Shirley!! You won't believe this but I just stamped this image up to work on it!! Great minds think alike.....I wanted to do purple too! Miss you posted on TJ.

Lavender Rose said...

Beautiful work, so detailed and great colour combining.

Tasha said...

Shirley this is truely stunning - the colour is beautiful and i love all the added detail
love tasha xx

Stamp and Smile said...

Such visual delight going on here!! With the RICH colors that I SO love... great works! I make 2cards at time or just one if in a rush... LOL! TFS Shirley... :)

Max said...

This is a really beautiful card Shirley. The colour combination is really striking but not garish. Love it.

Luv'n'Stuff
Max
xx

magic boxes said...

Absolutely gorgeous!!!

So elegant - the colours and textures are beautiful.

Elaine x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...