Wednesday, November 26, 2008

New Technique Junkie Letter On Its Way

The Technique Junkie Newsletter is published every 2 months. December will be arriving soon and Pat Huntoon, the owner, releases it online, with step-by-step pictorial instructions a few days before it arrives by mail. That happened today.

I was honored to be asked to be a Guest Designer for this issue. Below are some of the cards I created.

I used Painted Mesh for the Lavender background and Watercolor Resist for the background behind the bird. The background stamp I used is Swirly Catatude by Firecracker Designs by Pamela. The stamp is humongous and I use it a lot. Love the swirls. The bird is from Sweet 'n Sassy. The sprigs are a Martha Stewart punch. The rhinestones are Mark Richards. The ribbon is from May Arts. The tag is altered from a Spellbinders labels set.

Excitement!! I was able to use one of my humongous 10mm pearls on this card! I have a life time supply. The technique is called HP Direct and it was a lot of fun. The stamp set is Basic Grey Flower Swash. The Gold background paper was purchased at a convention from Washi Accents. The corner is from Sizzlets Architectural Accents corner die set. The word is from Hero Arts. The ribbon is from Michaels.

This cute little guy is also from Sweet 'n Sassy and the set is Owl Occasions. Both of the backgrounds are the Painted Mesh Technique. The Cuttlebug folder is Leafy Branch. The ribbon is from Michaels. The bling is Mark Richards Crystal Stickers Elements. Liquid Opal Pearls were used on the owl's chest. Glossy Accents was used on his/her eyes. Spellbinder Scalloped Oval Large (one of the smaller dies) was used behind the words. The inside of the oval die was used to trace the white behind the words. Really fun cards.

If you all like backgounds and other techniques dabbing into the creative, you really should think about joining Technique Junkies. Hope you are all having a great Turkey Day!!!

Happy Thanksgiving wherever you are. Thanks for stopping by 'the blog' to look and share.

 

 Shirley

 

24 comments:

Cindy Haffner said...

Shirley these are fantastic, ayou Go Girl!!!!

Jackie said...

Congratulations! Your cards are wonderful, you are so creative!

Elena said...

Shirley, congratulations on being a Guest Designer! Your cards so beautiful! I can tell that you put a lot of delicate work in it! They are so creative!
Happy Thanksgiving to you!

Suzanne C said...

Wonderful cards! Guest Designer... Yeah! Happy Thanksgiving to you!

Jose said...

Gorgeous cards Shirley, love them all
Jose

friedmsw said...

Absolutely amazing, Shirley! Beautiful cards! I can see exactly how you became the quest designer.

Maria Matter said...

Oooo, you are spoiling us today...THREE beautiful cards, whew! you were busy!
Congratulations on becoming a guest designer, what an honor. Very deserving!
These cards are incredible! I love the textures, layers, all the detail you put into each one. Just incredible Shirley!
Happy Thanksgiving...we have so much to be thankful for, don't we!!
Blessings, Maria

Phree said...

Wonderful cards Shirley. I have been tempted to sign up for the Technique Junkie news letter for so long but I just never seem to have enough money for all the crafty stuff I want! I think after Christmas 2008 is over I shall have to make it my New Years resoloution for 2009 to find the money.

Lyn S said...

Congrats on being guest designer for the TJ Newsletter Shirley! Love all the cards you made for it!

Mel M. M. McCarthy said...

Stunning! I love these playful and oh so pretty creations. That looks like a fantastic technique. So much gorgeous texture! I used to get TJ but it just isn't it the little ol' budget anymore. Maybe I'll ask Santa (though his budget is wee too, LOL.)

mochamama said...

these are so beautiful and very original!

Etha said...

oh I'm loving me the painted mesh stuff! must try that out!! beautiful cards :)

Kim said...

Lovely cards, what a fab effect. Kim

Shirley Fyfe said...

Congratulations Shirley! That is wonderful news and these cards are just delightful I must say - that owl is so cute!

stampqueen said...

Great batch of cards!!! Love the little chickadee card!!!!

Cheryl said...

Shirley these are great cards! I was trying to pick my favorite but can't so I say they are all my favorites from this group.

Jami {sgtStamper} said...

These are all fantastic!! I love that swirl background! Congratulations on your Guest Designer spot!!
hugs, Jami

Tammi said...

Oh wow, lots of amazing cards, some cool techniques you used...congrats on being guest designer! :)

Sankari W. said...

Congrats Shirley on being Guest Designer - your cards are just so awesome! Love all the texture and I have to say that your Humungous Pearl is beautiful!!! love all your flowers and backgrounds - can' wait to figure out how to do this too!!
Best wishes,
Sankari :)

Anne said...

What a lovely set of cards, the chickadee is gorgeous :)

The Country Rose said...

Congrats to you Shirley!!! That is just awesome! What beautful cards you created too :)!

Barb

Vicki said...

What gorgeous cards!! They are all fantastic!!

fishlips said...

Congratulations Shirley...what a Honor!!!!

I love Technique Junkie Newsletter, I may not always have the stuff, but it always gives me ideas with lots to think about and try!!!

You Did a Fantastic job on all these cards and I will be looking for them in my newsletter!!!!

Jessy said...

Shirley, your cards are so pretty and original. Love all the unique designs!! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...