Friday, October 3, 2008

Beautiful TJ 1-1 Swap from 'Down Under'


A TJ friend, Mary Wise in Australia, and I swapped cards with each other. Above is the beautiful card she sent me. She used the Embossed Foil Technique from the 06/07/2008 Technique Junkie Newsletter. The outside frame around the dragon was done by using an American Traditional Stencil. It is embossed with gold and is just beautiful. The gold frame is gold cardstock. I wish you could feel the dragon and see the myriad of colors where his scales would be and on the edges of his wings. It reminds me of Jones Tones Foil called Swirl or Oil Slick. He shines just everywhere. The little embellishments on the corners were done with the same foil. Everywhere else is done with Gold Foil. A real work of art Mary and it reminds me of the Saint George and the Dragon story. Thank you so much for this wonderful card.

And thank you all for stopping by 'the blog' to look and share.

 

 Shirley

 

17 comments:

Cheryl said...

Shirley that really is gorgeous! Lots of detail.

Chris Scrappin and Stampin in Texas said...

Beautiful card. I would swap with her again. Have a great weekend.

Suzanne C said...

Love the gold. The colors are very rich and beautiful.

Cindy Haffner said...

The gold is so rich, beautiful card.

Keri Lee Sereika said...

Wow that is gorgeous...she should be very proud!

Julia Aston said...

What a wonderful card to receive! love that gold embossing - perfect for a dragon!

LadyDoc said...

That's a BEAUTIFUL card!

Ann said...

WOW!!! You are a lucky lady to receive such a beauty!

Mel M. M. McCarthy said...

Great swap. I think I'll have to try that foil technique out big time. :O)

Вера Храмова said...

Я в восторге от Вашей работы, Shirley. По своему опыту в другом виде рукоделия я познала все сложности работы с фольгой. Этот изумительный дракон и орнамент выполнены безупречно!

FASHION OF YOUR WORLD said...

hi
hello
how was your day?
i liked your blog
you are fantastic!!!

really nice blog
fabulous fantastic
bye
take care
see you

Christine (Craftling) said...

Hi, Shirley.. Been meaning to answer your question regarding the origins of the cute green froggy blog-hopper on my blog..... I can't recall which blog I found it on, but I loved it so much, I just... errrmmm... "borrowed" him. Yes, that's it. I 'borrowed' him. (cough, splutter) I'll give him back again. One day. Honest. (innocent look, like butter wouldn't melt in my mouth)

Do ya believe me?

hugs,
Chris xx

Laura (scrapnextras) said...

Just stunning...the colours, the image your colouring the embossing. WOW!

jogjacartoonvisit said...

so beautiful

Deb Neerman said...

Yummilicious!!

Oxana said...

BEAUTIFUL card!!! Love gold.Hugs Oxana(Lisa-alisa).

Vicki said...

Another stunning creation!! Love your image...it stands out so beautifully!! :) I've added you to my buddy list!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...