Saturday, April 26, 2008

Wonderful Reinker Splash & Iris


If you haven't tried the Reinker Splash in the 02/03-08 Technique Junkie Newsletter, you need to go to Pat's blog, The Technique Trail, and check out her special offer for the online tutorials. Reinker Splash is the background I used for this card and it really shines here and there. I actually did the background and then did the flower, which is from the Stampin' Up retired set, Still Life Stems. The flower was painted with Twinkling H2O's. The ribbon is from Michaels. The pearls are from Mark Richards Crystal Stickers Elements. You can find them at Hobby Lobby. I buy mine from A Cherry On Top online. I find I get more pearls for my money from that manufacturer. The corners, slot, and the oval are Stampin' Up punches, listed in their catalog on pages 180-181.

I almost forgot to tell you I used Impression-Obsession Sentiments I for the words. I also have the Sentiments II, which has the same words, but a different and little bit bigger font. I find if nothing else works, there are always suitable phrases I can use from these sets. They were stamped with ClearSnap Mica Magic Green, which has a lovely gold cast to it.

A word to the wise about the pearls. They come in 3mm, 5mm, and 10mm. I forgot to look at the size I was purchasing thinking they were the 5mm and they were 10mm. I have these humongous half-pearls. LOLOLOL I used 3mm on this card and I also use the 5mm at times. When I finally find a place to use them and I bet you think they are big too! Ha!

Well, its thundering and lightening outside and I think I better get to some stamping, etc. Thanks for stopping by "the blog".

 

 Shirley

 

2 comments:

Beckie said...

This is just beautiful! You did a great job. I think I will try the technique now. Thanks for talking me into it!

Lyn S said...

Love your background Shirley ... it turned out really pretty!

BTW the larger pearls would probably make good flower centres for those larger size paper flowers.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...