Saturday, April 12, 2008

Three Wonderful RAK's

The first one is from Deb Bryson. She sent me the above beautifully decorated packet with "Sweet Treats" inside! Two wonderful pieces of Hershey's chocolate. Needless to say they are gone, gone, gone!!! Ha! I did not eat them while bathing, but while looking at your lovely packet that indeed brightened my day. Thank you so much Deb for the wonderful eye and soul candies. The stamps she used are from Stampin' Up retired sets Bubble Queen and Island Blossoms. This card is also indeed special. It comes from a special friend I made here in North Carolina. I do not know the the stamp manufacturer, but it is just glorious to see in real life. The image(s) were stamped and then embossed with a beautiful sea green embossing powder. She also gave me a beautiful Fiskars circular paper punch, for my birthday, that I can't wait to use. I had a prior commitment this last week so I have had to wait, but I know I am going to try it this week. Thank you so much for your beautiful card and wonderful surprise, Susie. This is just so elegantly done. Less really is more with this card! Her surprise did not end there. Susie, myself, and Connie Thorson (another friend I met at the nearby stamp store) had agreed to have a birthday lunch for the 3 of us and they bought my lunch without me knowing until it was too late. Thank you ladies for a wonderful lunch too! Boy, blogs are really public, aren't they?


This special card is was created by Rickie Bowles, a Technique Junkie friend. Because of things I had committed for this last week I haven't been able to post or reciprocate until this week. Her card was done by first stamping and embossing the image. Then she used Chalks with Colored Pencil Blending to create this wonderful card. Rickie, thank you so much for brightening my day with your card.

I hope you all enjoyed these cards as much as I did and will. I never part with cards sent to me. To me they are precious gifts that express a part of the person who made them, and I feel special that they thought enough to share their art with me.

Thanks again for stopping by "the blog".

 

 Shirley

 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...