Sunday, April 27, 2008

Celebrating a New Baby Giraffe!


I was in the process of doing this card when I noticed this video on CNN for a baby giraffe in Germany taking his first steps. He was so sure footed it was hard to believe. I encourage you to look here though, have patience with the commercial, and see a truly delightful family of giraffes.
The Cuttlebug Smoosh technique from Technique Junkies Newsletter was used for the background. The owner, Pat Huntoon, is running a special this month. Go here to learn about it. The stamp is from I Brake for Stamps. If you haven't looked at that site, you should. There are a variety of great stamps and the quality is very very good. The giraffe image is painted with Twinkling H2O's. A Stampin' Up Oval Punch was used for the space to put the words and can be found in their catalog on pages 180-181. The words are from a Hero Arts retired set. The Rhinestones are Mark Richards Crystal Stickers. Hobby Lobby has them, but I get mine from A Cherry On Top online. The ribbon is from Michaels.

I hope you had a nice weekend and thanks for stopping by "the blog".

 

 Shirley

 

3 comments:

Shelly Schmidt said...

What a fabulous card- LOVE the stamp you used! And, the video is wonderful-my husband just stood over my shoulder and watched it.......Thanks for sharing Shirley!

Beth Norman said...

This card is sooooooooooo cute.

Beth said...

Love it Shirley and the life like background is just awesome and thanks for sharing the video how cute.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...