Friday, February 22, 2008

A Wonderful Surprise

By now most of you know I receive the Technique Junkie Newsletter and that I try their background techniques quite a bit. They have a Card Of The Month contest every month using one of the techniques from the current newsletter. People can submit up to 3 cards and then everyone votes. The 3 cards receiving the most votes have the honor of being posted on one of the 3 Technique Junkie Yahoo Groups home pages. This months technique was Magic Pattern and I submitted 2 cards..........And the winners are:

Hetty Saunders and her card appears on the Technique Junkie Home Page . Newsletter members belong to this group to share ideas, cards using the newsletter techniques, opinions about products, etc.

Judy Parlin and her card appears on the TJ Artwork Only Home Page . Newsletter members sign up for this group when they want to receive only emails containing the cards, etc. that are made by the members.

And Me!! and my card appears on the TJ 1-1 Home Page. This group shares in 1 on 1 exchanges and also send RAK for birthdays and other random reasons.

You really should check out the other's artwork on the home pages. It is really great. Since I can receive emails from these groups, but have not been able to send to them for a couple of days I am posting my congratulations to the other winners here. I see such wonderful artwork and get such wonderful creative ideas from all of the TJ members.

Below is my card that won. The background is called Magic Pattern from the current 02/03 2008 Technique Junkie Newsletter. The main image is Tiger Lilies from The Artful Stamper. It was painted using Twinkling H2O's and highlighted with Art Institue Black Glitter on the stamens. The corners are Cuttlebug Die of cuts of copper metal called Vintage. I used Black Onyx Rhinestones to accent the edges. The Black Tie is Krenik cord with a Copper Brad mounted in the middle. The background on the orange and the Lillies is Impression-Obsession Swirl by Leigh Hannan.

On my second entry the main image is Impression-Obsession Elegant Rosses by Alesa Baker. The image and background were painted with Twinkling H2O's. Faux Layers Technique from another Technique Junkie Newsletter was used as a frame as well as the Magic Pattern technique. I used the same background stamp for this card, Swirl by Impression-Obsession - Leigh Hannan. The ribbon is from Michaels. The Stick Pin was created using Czech beads, gold bead cap, Swarovski crystal head pin and a gold clutch.

I really had fun making both of these cards. I have been wanting to post them since I finished them and now I can. Thank you for looking.

 

 Shirley

 

4 comments:

Jackie said...

Congratulations! Those cards are really beautiful and I got to see them in person :-)

Beth said...

Shirley Congrats on your win I love the card that was chosen and that was my vote this time.
Both cards are beautiful.
Hugs

Orion Designs said...

Congratulations Shirley and I know this isn't your first time on the home page! You're quite a star!

Mel M. M. M. said...

Gorgeous cards! The rose one is especially amazing. I have a tutorial on my blog for my magic pattern technique that you can link to if you like, :0) Mel

http://melstampz.blogspot.com/2007/12/magic-pattern-bella-tutorial.html

http://melstampz.blogspot.com/

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...