Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Inspirations From Friends

I can't believe all of the stamping artists who have blogs!!! Anyway, the two following cards were inspired by a friend whose blog actually gave me the desire to create one too. Her name is Jackie Parkins. I met her at the stamp store where I have classes. Her cards are always wonderful. Her site is called Just Stamp It!

Both cards were done using Cuttlebug embossing folders from Fancy Corners. The card above was embossed using one of the 4 folders. Then the Long Stemed Vase stamp by Stampendous was inked with Brilliance Gold Galaxy, stamped, and then heat embossed to dry. Tip 1. - If your pad is inked properly the ink actually raises a little when you heat it. The image was painted with an Nijii waterbrush and Twinkling H2O's. The flowers matched the ribbon until I added the Glossy Accents. Oh well!! The ribbon is May Arts. The rhinestones are generic flatbacks. The words were stamped with Brilliance Pearlescent Ivy and are by Savvy Stamps.

Tip 2. - Which I read about on Nancy Judd's blog, Inkblocks. She has a Needle nose glue dispenser that she uses to apply her Judikins Diamond Glaze. I shopped around online and found one for $2.99. I found 4 other people to order with me so the shipping was not out of site. It works like a charm. I use Glossy Accents in it. It lets me apply to the tiniest petals with ease. It was a snap. I also used it on the leaves. I know I could write with it too. The nose doesn't get clogged. Its perfect. I also bought one for the glue I use for glitter and foil. Thank you Nancy!!!!

The second card was done with another embossing folder applied first as shown. Then I used the Scor-It board for the two lines to the right of the embossed area. The words by Endless Creations, Inc., were stamped using Brilliance Rocket Red and embossed with Clear Embossing Powder. I think the ribbon is from WalMart and the round red rhinestones are generic. The little red flower rhinestones are by Hero Arts. Now I want to try some techniques from the new Technique Junkie Newsletter. Happy stamping all. Thanks for stopping by "the blog".

 

 Shirley

 

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Shirley
loved these 2 cards... you have such a talent and very good inspiration...appreciate the tips too. Karen V

Jackie said...

Thanks for the link, Shirley! Your cards are great! I love what you did with the ribbon, what a cool idea.

Beth said...

Shirley all I can say is WOW love both of these cards I especially like the way you weaved the ribbon through the first one.
Hugs

Orion Designs said...

These are beautiful cards Shirley!

Vicki

My Paper World said...

Wow! Gorgeous cards!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...