Thursday, February 21, 2008

Aged Metal & A Sign of Spring

My first card is done with a background called Aged Metal from the latest Technique Junkie Newsletter. It also uses one of the latest Cuttlebug embossing folders, Floral Fantasy. The Iris Frame is by My Heart Stamps For You. The ribbon is from May Arts. I used Twinkling H2O's to paint the image. The edge of the frame is gold leafed. Rangers Stickles Orange Peel glitter glue was used to accent the center of the Irises. I hope you like it.

My last card below is really a simple one. I used one of the the Cuttlebug embossing folders from Fancy Corners again. I simply lined up the folder on each side of the 4X5.25" of Whisper White Cardstock by Stampin' Up. I painted them with a wash made of Twinkling H2O's. I used the new Pearl Stickers by Hero Arts for the center of the flowers. The words are by Paper Salon and they were stamped with Encore Gold pigment ink and embossed with Egyptian Gold embossing powder by Judikins. The ribbon is by May Arts of course. The bottom of the card was done with an EK Success corner punch, Victorian Frame. I punched all the way in from the edge of the White CS. For the Green, I made a template. I was doing 4 cards so it was worth it to me. Once it was penciled it punched out quickly.

One tip in case you hadn't thought of it. I use the Cuttlebug embossing folders for impressions for the inside of my card by embossing and tearing around the image and attaching to the inside left or upper portion of the card, depending on the way your card opens. I also use them for on the envelope on the lower left hand side. It decorates both the front and back of the card. Thank you for stopping by "the blog"!

 

 Shirley

 

3 comments:

Jackie said...

Absolutely gorgeous, as usual!

Orion Designs said...

Just beautiful Shirley!

Etha said...

whoah!! that aged metal card is "freaks me out beautiful!!" thanks for sharing :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...