Saturday, January 26, 2008

Mary Jo Price Williams TJ Challenge

I created this card after seeing all the wonderful cards posted by others on the Technique Junkies Yahoo Group. It was like a bad card day for me, but I am still going to post it because I love the background. It is called "Alcohol Smoosh" and is a technique I learned from a Bonus Technique that was on the 4th Edition CD. I used Red Mirror Board and Black Glossy cardstock. It was hard for me to take a photo of it that turned out without glare, etc. I used the Heart Template from EK Success Rebecca Sower Designs as a stencil to make the heart by using the outer line for the Red Mirror Board and the inner line for the Black Glossy. The ribbon is by May Arts .
The small Sparkle Gem flower and single gems on the bottom piece of "Smoosh" are from Hero Arts . The words are from Paper Salon . I created the pin using Czech beads. You can't see the top, but it is a Swarovski 3mm red crystal.


This card was just fun! The stamp is Impression-Obsession "Postage Stamps" . A little watercolor with Twinks, a little glitter here and there with Rangers Christmas Red glitter glue, some trimming with some scissors for the edges and some "bling" of course with red Gemstones from Crystal Stickers . The red gingham ribbon was extra from somewhere. I'm off to take a break and then dig into some stuff to list on EBay so I can buy some more "stamps". :-0 Thanks for stopping by "the blog".

 

 Shirley

 

7 comments:

Jackie said...

Oh Shirley, that doesn't look like a bad card day to me. I think they are both just wonderful - you do such creative work! I do like the second one better, though - I almost bought that stamp but decided I would not color it and that's what it needs.

Beth said...

Oh Shirley doesn't look like a bad card day to me I really like the alcohol smoosh card I bet it really shines IRL and the second one is precious.

stampqueen said...

Whatcha mean 'bad card day'? Both are great - the alcohol smoosh is sooo funky (thats good :) and the one with the twinks is really sweet!!
Now I have had a bad card day - because I haven't had a chance to make any :( insert pouty face...
tera

Terri said...

I don't think the other one is that bad. I think this one is wonderful though. I may have to get this stamp now too.

LaVerne said...

You know how I love the Alcohol Smoosh technique and that is a beautiful example. Great colors!
And the Postage Stamp card is you. What can I say?

Beth Norman said...

Bad card, you say? No way. Your bg is awesome!

Debby Winters said...

What a great card! I am going to have to try that technique! "Smoosh!" What a great word!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...