Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Asian Designs

The background technique I used on this card is Transparent Opalites from the 06/07-07 Technique Junkie Newsletter. The image "Peacock" by Impression-Obsession was stamped with Stazon Jet Black and is painted with Twinkling H2O's. For a more definitive "tile" look I cut the image into pieces and remounted on the gold cardstock. I added Gold Mizuhiki cord and embellished it with Czech Jet Black AB beads. I got the idea for the cord from one of the the TV Weekly Craft videos. Rhinestone stickers were added to the center of the flowers.

For my second card the background was created using Versamark and Judikins "Bamboo Background", and then "Brayered Spots" from the 12/07-01/08 Technique Junkie Newsletter. The image is "Cone Flowers" by Impression-Obsession and was again painted with Twinkling H2O's. After I painted the vase and added Rangers Stickles Glitter Glue for highlights, Glossy Accents was added to the vase to give it depth. The gold corner was made using a Sizzlit Die from their Architectural Accents set. They can be bought anywhere. I got mine on EBay. The ribbon is May Arts and the gold brads are generic with Stickles Glitter glue added to accent two of them and copy what I used to accent the flowers. What else can I say. I had fun! Thanks for stopping by "the blog".

 

 Shirley

 

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Both cards are stunning as always Shirley - I am such a big fan of your work!

~ Nancy - inkblocks :o)

stampqueen said...

I love these cards - I may have to dig out the newsletter and try the opalites technique, and the brayered spots... Very cool!!
Tera

Beth Norman said...

Wowzers, what stunning cards!! They are so gorgeous.

Etha said...

I just can't get enough of your cone flower card. It makes my mouth water, its delicious in every way. not sure if the colors pull me so or the backgrounds, GET THIS PUBLISHED!! its totally amazing!

Jackie said...

You have outdone yourself with these - they are awesome!

Terri said...

Great job on both cards. I especially like the Peacock card though.

Lyn S said...

Hi Shirley, I just had to pop in and say 'Hi' and a big thank you for the lovely comments you put on my blog. I have to say that your cards are just stunning! I'll be back for sure.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...